Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

carstospain allert!

carstospain allert!

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:11 am
Just Joined

LennardVintage is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation carstospain allert!

Do NOT get involved with these people. Snip and his partner in deceit in london, will take your money and let you wait for weeks to find someone that is willing to transport your car for less money as you have paid. I have paid 1250 euro for a transport UK-Bordeaux and I am waiting for weeks now and still haven't got my car. Their salestalk is good and they seem to be very helpful, untill you have paid. This little Green man is telling that his bad image is made up by the competition, well I am not into cartransport, but I can tell you that these guys are conmen. They will not call you back, not deliver in time and are not insured.

Last edited by jdr; Jun 3rd 2008 at 11:03 am. Reason: Sorry but no naming and shaming.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:40 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: carstospain allert!

you may want to delete the names involved as it will just get deleted otherwise
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Knew I'd seen them mentioned before

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327249
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:15 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Lennard is spending a lot of time on many forums. We have seen this message before. He must be hissed off big style.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:47 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
you may want to delete the names involved as it will just get deleted otherwise
I think it's good to be alerted to a possible con. There are too many people out there ready to take advantage of people who can't do the job themselves. How do we know who to trust if we aren't allowed to name and shame?
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 10:41 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
I think it's good to be alerted to a possible con. There are too many people out there ready to take advantage of people who can't do the job themselves. How do we know who to trust if we aren't allowed to name and shame?
Lin I couldn't agree more, but from BE's standpoint it opens up a huge can of worms so far as the legal issues of naming and shaming.

It wouldn't be the first expat site to be threatened with legal action over something said on it.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

Anchor logistics are fine & I have used them a few times, no connection at all with them. Avoid any middlemen & go straight to the actual transporter - usual thing I suppose.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:42 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poolboy
Anchor logistics are fine & I have used them a few times, no connection at all with them. Avoid any middlemen & go straight to the actual transporter - usual thing I suppose.
I have been reading threads like this for years. I worked with Anchor for a long time in one way and another. There is, as said, no connection with the subjects now. Anchor are a well known and well respected logistics company
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

LennardVintage is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Lennard is spending a lot of time on many forums. We have seen this message before. He must be hissed off big style.
Goodevening. You're wrong, today was the first day I wrote something about this transport people. I did so on 3 websites. Why...? because today I missed my vintage rally in the Bordeaux area, because my lagonda was not delivered in time, (needing 4 weeks and howmuch more to get the thing from my garage in Lancaster to the Bordeaux area???) so yes I really was angry. I hate dishonest people and because of them I just flushed 1100 euro for the Rally down the drain. Thank you all for your reply and have a great evening
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

hello, if you live in Lancaster (cool place I was born there) why did you not go to Anchor direct? they are in Preston & answer emails in a nanosecond, or it seems like that.

The middleman you mention is here in Spain I think, seems silly to pay a premia to a middleman when you are so close. I think I paid about 650 GBP, 0r 800e or so to Anchor each time I have used them.

Sorry to go on but 1 hr reading this forum & you soon wise up to expats fronting other labour, some good but some poor. There used to be loads of it going on but the recession has sent most to some new venture needing 25 years experience.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:40 pm
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Or get it transported down to a Port like Dover by the RAC or someone and just drive it onto a ferry to Bordeux? Seems iffy..

Tho I do not doubt that the company are sightly iffy to since there have been a fair few complaints about them.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: carstospain allert!

Lin I couldn't agree more, but from BE's standpoint it opens up a huge can of worms so far as the legal issues of naming and shaming.

It wouldn't be the first expat site to be threatened with legal action over something said on it.

You should never be afraid of speaking the truth or naming names and shaming SO LONG AS YOUR TELLING THE TRUTH,if you lie or exagerate YOU are in BIG (expensive) trouble,

Rgds

Rotor
Old Jun 6th 2008, 8:19 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Rotor
You should never be afraid of speaking the truth or naming names and shaming SO LONG AS YOUR TELLING THE TRUTH,if you lie or exagerate YOU are in BIG (expensive) trouble,

Rgds

Rotor
I'm not disputing that, but the only way to prove something like that is in a court of law, and I'm pretty sure that BE don't want that...

and don't say it couldn't happen, because it has on another Expat site....
Old Jun 6th 2008, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not disputing that, but the only way to prove something like that is in a court of law, and I'm pretty sure that BE don't want that...

and don't say it couldn't happen, because it has on another Expat site....

Speaking the truth never worries me and anyone can try their best in court, who would risk thousands (from ten and up hundreds) to take someone to court for speaking the truth? not even a big corporation is that stupid,your counter claim would cost them an arm and both legs,even genuine slander rarley gets to court because of the astronomical costs,and it ends up being pointless if they win and the other party has no money.

Hey ,you ever heard of a politician being sued? they cant even lie straight in bed!!!

Rgds

Rotor
Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
Speaking the truth never worries me and anyone can try their best in court, who would risk thousands (from ten and up hundreds) to take someone to court for speaking the truth? not even a big corporation is that stupid,your counter claim would cost them an arm and both legs,even genuine slander rarley gets to court because of the astronomical costs,and it ends up being pointless if they win and the other party has no money.

Hey ,you ever heard of a politician being sued? they cant even lie straight in bed!!!

Rgds

Rotor
The Goverment which is made up of Politicans are exempt from County court claims

Last edited by andyrich666; Jun 6th 2008 at 11:51 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.