Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Carer Required Live In

Carer Required Live In

Old Jun 13th 2014, 7:43 am
Just Joined

chiclana1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Carer Required Live In

Looking for a kind carer for my chatty and friendly Mum, who has memory problems.
Located in the Cadiz area, of Chiclana
Private message me for more details with contact numbers,
Thanks
Old Jun 13th 2014, 7:45 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carer Required Live In

Originally Posted by chiclana1
Looking for a kind carer for my chatty and friendly Mum, who has memory problems.
Thanks
to BE.

People will not be able to send you PMs until you have made 3 posts.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 7:50 am
Just Joined

Thanks, as you can see I am a newbie, so not sure of the rules
Old Jun 13th 2014, 7:52 am
Just Joined

Default Carer Required Live In
Thanks
Old Jun 13th 2014, 7:58 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. I am the Concierge for the Spanish section and thought that you might find it helpful to know that the moderators for the Spanish forums are Fred James and Bevs, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 13th 2014, 8:00 am
Just Joined

wow thanks for that, nice to feel welcomed so soon.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 9:48 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

Chiclana has a branch of Age Concern that may be able to give a befriending ear. I´ll pm you details of the lifeline number

Davexf
Old Jun 13th 2014, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Thanks Dave, but I need more than an ear, I need a body. I have been in touch with Age Concern before months ago, but could not offer a Live in person.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Dave, but I need more than an ear, I need a body. I have been in touch with Age Concern before months ago, but could not offer a Live in person.
The main thing is to get someone experienced, and vetted as this person will be looking after a vulnerable person, in a position of trust. There is no shortage of people advertising to do this work, but it needs to be a proper agency, which will not be cheap.
There are horror stories of so called careers who have swindled vulnerable people, and in one case, got the client to give power of attourney, which she then abused and claimed her house.
I think if my Mum lived in Spain on her own with memory problems, I could not leave her in such a vulnerable position, however nice the carer was.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the advise, but my Mum lives with me, I just need an extra pair of hands
Old Jun 13th 2014, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advise, but my Mum lives with me, I just need an extra pair of hands
Sorry, didn't 't know that. Round here there are Helping Hands, Help at home, but it sounds like you need more of a companion got her. Not easy to find the right person, better by word of mouth than advertising. Hope you find someone nice.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 6:54 am
Just Joined

I am still looking for the right person.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 7:35 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I am still looking for the right person.
Is there a residential care home near to you? Not for your mum but as a resource of staff, with so many people being unemployed they possibly have a list of people wanting to take any shifts that are available. This would mean (I would have thought) that they are already vetted and know the ropes. Also if a member of staff no longer wants to work with a lot of people but wanted a more one to one position it might appeal to them.

In my local hospital there are business cards put up regarding nurses who take on the care of patients for families who need a break or are unable to provide the care so maybe there is something similar in yours. Have you asked at your health centre, they are often a good source for gaining contact with others.

Good luck

Rosemary
Old Jun 17th 2014, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much Rosemary, we are doing that today as well, but really want a British carer so she can chat with Mum, rather than broken English which Mum could not follow.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 7:43 am

Thanks so much Rosemary, we are doing that today as well, but really want a British carer so she can chat with Mum, rather than broken English which Mum could not follow.
Sorry I did not think about the language aspect at all. In that case do you have any links such as this in the UK, a lot of people might want to come here to live but not have the confidence because they are alone and knowing the work situation in Spain think that they cannot give it a go. People who have been caring for their family but are now out on a limb.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.