Car Spares

Old Oct 27th 2010, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

SUPERPOT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car Spares

Can anyone point me in the right direction for buying service parts for cars such as brake pads,oil filters etc in North Costa Blanca?
Motor factors etc?

cheers,

Superpot
Old Oct 27th 2010, 10:59 am
Small member

Location: Born in Barnsley, now in Stoke, heading to Cavafria
evilroyslade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Car Spares

Aye, ask your buddy in UK to bring them over for you!
Old Oct 27th 2010, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

SUPERPOT is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to have buddies in the UK.
I have emailed you my requirements m8.

Muchisimos gracias

See you next week.

(@_@)
Old Oct 27th 2010, 12:09 pm
Small member

And great to have friends like you en Espana! I can't believe how much more expensive car spare parts, tyres etc are there though - or the reason for that. Does anyone else know why? Or, better still, know where they can be bought in Spain at something approaching UK prices?
Old Oct 27th 2010, 12:17 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evilroyslade
And great to have friends like you en Espana! I can't believe how much more expensive car spare parts, tyres etc are there though - or the reason for that. Does anyone else know why? Or, better still, know where they can be bought in Spain at something approaching UK prices?
I changed my tyres last year (all 4) and it was cheaper to buy in England, have them shipped over with DHL, have them fitted here and even then I saved 80euros per corner!
Old Oct 27th 2010, 12:30 pm
Small member

Exactly. So how come no-one has got wise to it and opened a KwikFit or similar?
Old Oct 27th 2010, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, ask your buddy in UK to bring them over for you!
And spend a small fortune of carriage returning them if they are wrong or fail under warranty
Old Oct 27th 2010, 12:38 pm
Small member

I just sourced the bits Superpot needs and there is no mistake over oil filters, brake pads and the like. As an example, the pads are 80 euros in Spain and equivalent to less than half that in UK. And as to warranty/returns - have you ever tried going back to a parts shop with a part worn brake pad or a tyre for a refund?! With savings like that, it is worth the small risk I reckon.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

I just sourced the bits Superpot needs and there is no mistake over oil filters, brake pads and the like. As an example, the pads are 80 euros in Spain and equivalent to less than half that in UK. And as to warranty/returns - have you ever tried going back to a parts shop with a part worn brake pad or a tyre for a refund?! With savings like that, it is worth the small risk I reckon.
There are regulary mistakes made with filters and pads in the trade, especially european built cars who use two or three types on the same year/model car ,you need to shop around on the net to get good prices in Spain as the carriage is minimal , of course you will need to know the difference between a kit de embrague and a kit de distribucion

You will also find in Spainyou cant buy the cheap chinese crap available in the UK ,its better not to change an old but good quality filter for a new chinese copy.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I changed my tyres last year (all 4) and it was cheaper to buy in England, have them shipped over with DHL, have them fitted here and even then I saved 80euros per corner!

Try http://www.neumaticosalicante.com/ next time.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

Originally Posted by SUPERPOT
Can anyone point me in the right direction for buying service parts for cars such as brake pads,oil filters etc
eurocarparts.com - just make sure you know your engine/vin code and you should be able to get the exact part you need. Shipping to Spain was super cheap too
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

valrose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SUPERPOT
Can anyone point me in the right direction for buying service parts for cars such as brake pads,oil filters etc in North Costa Blanca?
Motor factors etc?

cheers,

Superpot
I am driving down end of mid september with spares for costa de la luz pm if you need something