Car Parking

Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Default Car Parking

I need to leave my car near Malaga Airport for just 8 days any ideas??
Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:14 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Parking

Never used any myself and dont know costs, but there are garages on the right hand side as you go into the airport, an easy walk. Some adverts here
Old Dec 5th 2006, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
I need to leave my car near Malaga Airport for just 8 days any ideas??
I've used Chips Away on San Isidro next to the airport, 3 euros a day and mini-bus transfer to and from the terminal, open 24 hrs and someone always on site. If you have any repairs done to your car, scratches etc, parking is free and the cost is very reasonable with an excellent undetectable standard of work.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 10:16 am
McT
Just Joined

McT is an unknown quantity at this point

The P3 car park at Málaga airport is free and there's a bus to the terminal every 15 minutes or so. P4 is also free.

Click here: Málaga Airport Parking

McT
Old Dec 5th 2006, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Cheers to you all have plenty to go at there...
Old Dec 5th 2006, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

Yes P3 is free... Bus comes every 10 minutes or so and was stopping at the departures a couple of weeks ago.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

I love the idea of a free car park but my concern would be over security. I know that there are patrols on a fairly regular basis but the airport complex is a very large area and I'm not sure how 'conscientious' they might be.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

I know what you mean, but our car was fine and so were many of our friends who have used it. I havent heard of anything bad so far.

Its very nice to have free parking...would say they are trying to win everyone over so when the proper car parks are finished, people use them rather than all the others like Parking Sur etc.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi malagaman

That sounds like a great idea using Chips Away as unfortunately I have an old car which is full of dents and scratches and it would be nice to come back and see it looking like new.

Do you have a telephone number please??

Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Hi malagaman

That sounds like a great idea using Chips Away as unfortunately I have an old car which is full of dents and scratches and it would be nice to come back and see it looking like new.

Do you have a telephone number please??

Mitzipurr,

Tel (freephone) 900100369 or e-mail [email protected]
I've had a couple of jobs done by them when my car was only a few months old!! and although it was a silver colour the repairs (scratches) were totally invisible, A1 job.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that Malagaman I will contact them today if not on Holiday!!

As I said my car is very old but hesitant to change for a new one considering all the damage this one gets out and about and besides that it is built like a tank!!!
Old Dec 8th 2006, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by malagaman
I love the idea of a free car park but my concern would be over security. I know that there are patrols on a fairly regular basis but the airport complex is a very large area and I'm not sure how 'conscientious' they might be.
Our car was broken into at one of the so called secure parking yards near the airport just before xmas last year. At the time, about 6 cars were raided for stereos etc. Thing to check always is the extent of the carpark´s insurance cover, as the smashed windows took over 6 weeks to repair over the holiday period and they only had insurance for car rental for us for a month. An awful hassle, though we persuaded them to pay up. Always remove stereos etc. if parking in Malaga over Xmas as I don´t think anywhere is foolproof safe even with patrols.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Lisa so sorry to hear of your problems with secure parking near the airport.
However as my car is so old I do not think anyone would want it except perhaps an antique dealer....
Old Dec 8th 2006, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi malagaman

Not sure how long it is since you contacted them but tried out the freephone number for chips away but it does not work says the number does not exist???

Hope they answer their emails....
Old Dec 8th 2006, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry about that it was on an old flyer I had, try this one 952105266 or 660334802, these are the ones I used last in August.