Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Car with no documents. Easy to sort?

Car with no documents. Easy to sort?

Old Oct 20th 2014, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

t2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car with no documents. Easy to sort?

Hi. I've been looking for a vehicle for a few weeks now. I came to realise Ill get nothing like the one I sold in the UK without putting another wad to it. However, while perusing the local tax office website...as yer do. I found an upcoming auction of vehicles & properties. And by jingo theres a vehicle on there thats bob on what Im after. Now on the slim chance I get it anywhere near my budget. These vehicles are advertised as having no docs with them. Looking at who's selling them, its not hard to put 2&2 together why. But is the hassle worth it? Has anyone here registered a car with no docs?

And despite it being an official Gov dept selling it, and Id 'like' to assume theve checked they own it to sell it. What other perils can still carry over to a cars new owner?

Would you?
Old Oct 20th 2014, 2:35 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car with no documents. Easy to sort?

Seems like a lot of hassle. If you do, I would be interested to hear how you get on.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

t2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
Seems like a lot of hassle. If you do, I would be interested to hear how you get on.
Depends on how much hassle. Might just be a form. Might be 30, with copies, and a stool sample from my dog after eating a chorizo. Who knows. Which is why I thought Id ask if anyone had done it first before I try and navigate my way around it. Cheers.
Old Oct 21st 2014, 7:20 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be interested in the outcome too.

As it's a governmental agency offering the cars, then I'd expect most of them were seized or abandoned. I'd suspect there may also be no keys to them, and that's another potentially large expense to consider, but I'd also expect there would be some proper path to legalising it, although that may simply be the standard "import" procedure, if the car hadn't been reported "stolen", which could complicate things a bit

Still, if it does require a stool sample from your dog after eating a chorizo, there's usually a gestor around that will stamp a document claiming he witnessed the production of that stool sample - for a fee.
Old Oct 21st 2014, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by amideislas
I'd be interested in the outcome too.

As it's a governmental agency offering the cars, then I'd expect most of them were seized or abandoned. I'd suspect there may also be no keys to them, and that's another potentially large expense to consider,
I can, from what I can translate, view the vehicle by appointment, which I'll try & make today ('try' as it looks like you have to run rings just to do that) As it is, you have to pre-pay a 20% deposit of its low end valuation just to be able to bid on it. So I guess Ill find out regarding the keys. No keys will be a clincher with this particular vehicle I think.

But if anyone has any experience of actually buying a car with no docs...and it having a happy ending. Id like to know.

...and thanks for the headsup regarding the gestor and the stool sample. I'm hoping it wont come to such a h'anus fraud.