Car journey

Old Oct 21st 2012, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

patontheback is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car journey

I need help with 2 things I want to bring a uk car to Spain
Are there many problems with keeping a car long term in Spain
I will only use it when I there about 14 weeks in a year not all at once about 2 weeks at a time also best route from uk to Tarragona
Should I keep to the toll roads. When is it the best time through Paris or can I miss altogether.

Thanks
Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car journey

Originally Posted by patontheback
I will only use it when I there about 14 weeks in a year not all at once about 2 weeks at a time also best route from uk to Tarragona
Should I keep to the toll roads. When is it the best time through Paris or can I miss altogether.

Thanks
After 6 months you are supposed to register the car in Spain ie Matriculate onto Spanish Plates

Check your UK insurance because most only cover you abroad for 3 or 6 months. Saga cover for longer.

If you keep it on UK plates you will have to bring back to UK for MOT.

I believe there is full details on the Information thread on the Spanish forum
Old Oct 21st 2012, 9:47 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Cars in spain has been discussed many times over, suggest you search the forum.
There are a few routes one could take to the UK, where in the UK is your destination / which ferry do you want to take? There is no need to go via Pairs.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patontheback

Thanks
It would be easier to buy a small car in Spain than to have to drive your UK car back for its MOT every year. It also has to be taxed and insured like all cars.
Different options for the route depending where you land in France but you do not need to go through Paris and certainly avoid the very expensive toll roads.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies I will come over from Dover or Folkestone
Not sure yet to use the ferry or train. If I miss the toll roads will it put
Much time on the journey.

Thanks
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 7:20 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

the routes available to you through France are shown on

http://http://about-france.com/touri...s-to-spain.htm

yes the non-toll routes can take longer but you may find the journey is actually shorter in miles. But if you intend staying over for one night then you would be best on the non-tolls. I did the journey twice and stayed in Angouleme both times as it has a large number of small hotels.

rgds
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

thanks Domino