car insurers

Old Apr 25th 2021, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

Owls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: car insurers

May I ask, does car Insurance in Spain cover the driver like the UK or is it like the States where the car is covered??
Old Apr 25th 2021, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Owls
May I ask, does car Insurance in Spain cover the driver like the UK or is it like the States where the car is covered??
Its the car.

Wasn't even asked for my licence when i took it out, was with Linda Direct.
Old Apr 25th 2021, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Owls is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks BarrieJ really appreciate your time in answering, assume that means any driver can drive your car 'with your permission' and don't have to be a named driver.
Old Apr 26th 2021, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Rightway
Old May 3rd 2021, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Alfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to barge in. Just saw the comment about the car being insured and not the driver. Does that mean that in the case of an accident the driver, if hurt, would not get any form of compensation?
Old May 4th 2021, 9:35 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The driver and any passdengers are covered.

The problem arises because UK policy certificates cover any car that the policyholder has declared to the insurance company, and does not include the car details - it makes it easier if you change cars. At, least that was the situation when I first came to Spain and was stopped by Trafico. They couldnt understand that the car was not mentioned. Thereafter I got the UK insurance company to include the car details on the cerrtificate.
Old May 4th 2021, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Alfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James

The problem arises because UK policy certificates cover any car that the policyholder has declared to the insurance company, and does not include the car details - it makes it easier if you change cars. At, least that was the situation when I first came to Spain and was stopped by Trafico. They couldnt understand that the car was not mentioned. Thereafter I got the UK insurance company to include the car details on the cerrtificate.
Thank you Fred
Old May 4th 2021, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James

Yep, it comes down to the 'you can drive any vehicle owned or not by yourself and with the permission of the owner'
Here you have to tell the insurance company that J.Bloggs is going to drive your car.