Car hire

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Harley69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car hire

Has anybody used www.holidayautos.co.uk... ? Apparently they are part of lastminute.com and they are extremely cheap...
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 11:48 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Car hire

Originally Posted by Harley69
Has anybody used www.holidayautos.co.uk... ? Apparently they are part of lastminute.com and they are extremely cheap...
I always use www.carjet.com. A clearing house for all the companies based at Jerez airport. I would be interested to know if anyone has found anywhere cheaper. Their rates include fully comp insurance, and I have had a nasty dent but was charged nothing.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

NicCol is on a distinguished road

I have used them quite a lot, and I have never been disapointed. In fact they have even given 1 or 2 upgrades because we are repeat customers free of charge! Most important point is that the cars have always been quite new, and spotless. (until my kids have got in them that is!)
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:43 pm

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NicCol
I have used them quite a lot, and I have never been disapointed. In fact they have even given 1 or 2 upgrades because we are repeat customers free of charge! Most important point is that the cars have always been quite new, and spotless. (until my kids have got in them that is!)
Nicol I always book the cheapest airconditioned model, and frequently get something better. The cars have also been new. I found with other companies there are usually excesses to pay in event of damage, but Carjet cover it all except tyres and underbody. I seem to remember comparing them with Holiday Autos and they were cheaper. Mind you having had two prangs..one we just discovered, a nasty rip below a headlight that I think may have happened in a pothole while viewing a country property, the other I reversed into a scooter, I keep expecting them to reject my booking but they haven't yet !
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

sonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant future

car jet and doyouspain.com are about the cheapest and best you will get.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 3:09 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

After having used a variety of car hire companies I now only use http://www.victoriacars.com/index_EN.html

Always good service, price is usually there or thereabouts, and the cars have been fine.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:00 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

On our last trip to Malaga I booked a car with CarJet, pricing was very competitive, however, we specifically ordered a baby seat, I even telephoned two days prior to leaving to confirm booking and emphasized the baby seat was for a 4 month old. On arrival, yes you guessed it, sorry we only have child seats. not what you want to hear at 1:00 in the morning. Cancelled car, walked to the next car hire company and was sorted in minutes, a little more but worth it, I'm sure the company was holiday autos but can't remember, I will check and see if I still have some paperwork somewhere.
Kevray
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by kevray
On our last trip to Malaga I booked a car with CarJet, pricing was very competitive, however, we specifically ordered a baby seat, I even telephoned two days prior to leaving to confirm booking and emphasized the baby seat was for a 4 month old. On arrival, yes you guessed it, sorry we only have child seats. not what you want to hear at 1:00 in the morning. Cancelled car, walked to the next car hire company and was sorted in minutes, a little more but worth it, I'm sure the company was holiday autos but can't remember, I will check and see if I still have some paperwork somewhere.
Kevray
Which company was it that you were actually booked in with ?? Usually Europcar,Goldcar or Centauro. They have all been very good. Last but one trip we had the company that don't have an office but operate out of the main hall on a shelf. We got an upgrade but to a larger Seat Leon which I hated, and there were some guys having to wait for the roof rack for their windsurfers to arrive. I would have complained to Carjet, as they are very helpful on the telephone. Otherwise they have been exemplary.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 10:25 pm

Has anyone managed to hire at say Jerez and return to Seville?? Sometimes Ryanair is cheaper to mix and match but I have never managed to get Carjet to agree..
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:58 pm

Just booked a car for 16 days at end of June/July. About £246 with Holiday Autos, about 200 with Centauro, and 183 with Car Jet, the actual booking they have sent me is with Crown. Have to say that Crown have been least favourite of the many I have had so far, but for knocking around on dusty roads it will be fine.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

sonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by poollounger
Just booked a car for 16 days at end of June/July. About £246 with Holiday Autos, about 200 with Centauro, and 183 with Car Jet, the actual booking they have sent me is with Crown. Have to say that Crown have been least favourite of the many I have had so far, but for knocking around on dusty roads it will be fine.
Although you have already booked your car through Carjet for June/July it might of interest to you to check on a quote for this time with 'Doyouspain.com I think you may find them slightly cheaper, not a lot but would pay for a cheap meal or a couple of
Old Mar 19th 2006, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by poollounger
I always use www.carjet.com. A clearing house for all the companies based at Jerez airport. I would be interested to know if anyone has found anywhere cheaper. Their rates include fully comp insurance, and I have had a nasty dent but was charged nothing.

We are coming over next week for 3 days... We have found a fantstic car deal from www.spain-car-rentals.com, but have been informed that they
normally charge you for a full tank of petrol even if you don't use it all... Do you know if carjet or anyother company do the same...???

Can't see how we will use a full tank in three days... Could be wrong though...
Old Mar 19th 2006, 11:46 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

We are coming over next week for 3 days... We have found a fantstic car deal from www.spain-car-rentals.com, but have been informed that they
normally charge you for a full tank of petrol even if you don't use it all... Do you know if carjet or anyother company do the same...???

Most of them do it I'm afraid .... I've been for a weekend before and taken back half a tank. They cottoned on to the fact that its very difficult to take a car back with an empty tank so its extra profit for them!
When I first started to go there it was full to full.

Maybe ask them when you book not to fill the tank ... you might get away with it
Old Mar 19th 2006, 11:52 am

Depends which company one ends up with through Carjet..Some want the tank returned empty, but will refund the difference if not done so, usually at a later stage on one's credit card. Others don't bother so do a lot o driving, and top up with small amounts. Holiday Autos in France need the car returned with a full tank, this was in Nime. Difficult unlesss one manages to pull off the motorway and fill up at the last station before the airport. If not completely full, they will top up and bill your credit card at an expensive rate. I do not know if they operate the same way in Spain.
Old Mar 19th 2006, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Yes this is what i thought... I suppose it's one way to increase your earings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.