Car Hire

Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

flamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really nice
Default Car Hire

I wonder if any one can help

My daughter is flying into Jerez on Sunday and wants to book a car. Unfortunately the car hire company we normally use requires a credit card to be produced at the airport when picking up the car. Neither she nor her boyfriend have a credit card.

i will pay for the car at this end by card does any one know of a company that does not require a credit card when picking up the car A cash deposit cold be paid.
Thank you
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice
Default Re: Car Hire

Originally Posted by flamingo

My daughter is flying into Jerez on Sunday and wants to book a car. Unfortunately the car hire company we normally use requires a credit card to be produced at the airport when picking up the car. Neither she nor her boyfriend have a credit card.

i will pay for the car at this end by card does any one know of a company that does not require a credit card when picking up the car A cash deposit cold be paid.
Thank you
We always use Car Jet when we visit my family in Spain. I'm not sure if they will let you collect the car without producing a credit card, but you can pre-pay via bank transfer. Check them out at: http://www.carjet.co.uk/car-hire/spa...port/index.php

Or give them a call on Tel (+44) 01279 632800

Hope it works out!

Gav
Old Nov 10th 2005, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Carjet are only an Agent and the Credit Card requirement will be from the Car Hire company itself.

Would they accept your card as a guarantee before they arrived or do they have to physically see the card?

Is there not time for your daughter to apply for a card or maybe become a named cardholder on yours? Just a thought.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:56 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Thank you
Ring Carjet.....they are excellent and all inclusive and may be able to sort something out for you...I use them all the time, have had a couple of prangs and it didn't cost me a penny!!
Old Nov 11th 2005, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by poollounger
Ring Carjet.....they are excellent and all inclusive and may be able to sort something out for you...I use them all the time, have had a couple of prangs and it didn't cost me a penny!!
CAR JET is a booking agent. They do not rent cars. At Jerez I have been allocated a CROWN rental car by Carjet. CROWN require a CREDIT CARD. Only way is to go to the airport with a Credit Card and do the paperwork using your CC. Add your visitors as extra drivers. If you find ANY car rental company that does not need a CC before allowing you to drive away their car, I would be interested to know !
Another Car hire company (one of several) that do business at Jerez airport and with whom I have not yet had the opportunity to use, is BRUNO. http://www.brunoscar.com It has had some favourable comment in another forum. Although small, they may be able to arrange something locally if you contact their base office near Estepona. Take a look at their site?
Old Nov 12th 2005, 11:16 pm
Crouching Tiger

david_cadiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you

Hi there,

Having worked in the car rental industry for the last six years I can confirm that the majority of car hire companies, will now not accept a booking without a valid credit card matching the name of the lead driver of the vehicle. In some, vary rare cases however, they may take a cash deposit on collection of the vehicle but as with most things some depots became sitting targets for robberies and as a result car hire companies have tightened up on cash deposits. Car Jet is a broker for several suppliers and therefore has to comply with the local suppliers' rules and regulations (Crown, Centauro, Europa plus all the major ones as well). The easiest way around this, is as Nige has mentioned and that's to add yourself as the main driver and add your daughter etc as the additional drivers (that's of course if you trust their driving abilities ) I dont think you should have to pay any additional costs to add them on either as most suppliers now offer additional drivers in the original price.

Hope this helps,

David
Old Nov 13th 2005, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

flamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really nice

Thanks to everyone for your responses.

Have now sorted the problem.
It is impossible to get car hire at Jerez without a credit card even tho I have used carjet.com for a good number of years.

However, I have a friend in Pago who was prepared to go to the airport and use their credit card as security. This has worked a treat and my daughter has her car, hired thru carjet.com.

Of course my daughter will pay for all disbursements in relation to the car hire on the credit card.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Glad it's sorted flamingo. it just goes to show how unusual it must be for someone not o have a credit card these days. A sign of the times eh?