Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Car alignment and tracking

Car alignment and tracking

Old Jul 5th 2013, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car alignment and tracking

Hi
When we brought our car here we changed the lights and matriculated over here but I recently saw something...on Top Gear I think, talking about tracking being different for the road camber in the UK can anyone tell me more as our tyres keep wearing out really quickly, On both the inside edges.
Old Jul 5th 2013, 12:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car alignment and tracking

If the tyres are wearing unevenly then yes it is wise to get the steering / tracking checked.
Old Jul 5th 2013, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car alignment and tracking

I haven't heard of settings being different from one country to another.

Some cars have very sensitive settings for the suspension (rear too). Camber,caster and toe in/toe out for the front.

If you are ever back in the Uk, I can recommend WIM (wheels in Motion) however if there are faults with your suspension then no amount of adjustment will cure it. I have yet to find anywhere in Spain that can perform similar set ups. The wet string, clamps and laser people here are only any good for rough setting of toe in/out.

Common issues are failed bushes in the suspension arms. When stationary the wheels can be adjusted to the right toe in/toe out as per manufacturers spec. Then you set off and the slack is taken up by the forces as you drive and the settings are all wrong.

i had a car that i knew needed new bushes(or replacement bottom arms). It passed its ITV here - i.e. they did not pick it up.

My advice is to always join a car forum for your vehicle. If suspension issues are common , they will be well documented along with cure.