Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Cancelling Telefonica

Cancelling Telefonica

Old Apr 2nd 2010, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

pampasgrass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cancelling Telefonica

If I cancel my Telefonica phone because I am moving house, how can I ensure that the people taking over the house will be able to keep the line?

Its actually a radio type phone, not a landline as such.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 10:42 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cancelling Telefonica

Originally Posted by pampasgrass
If I cancel my Telefonica phone because I am moving house, how can I ensure that the people taking over the house will be able to keep the line?

They won't be guaranteed!

When we bought our house, we asked the out-going owners to keep the numbers so that they could simply be transferred to us. Unfortunately, they cancelled the contract with telefonica and we had to go through the whole saga from scratch.

Even though we still had the wires and internal boxes, telefonica insisted on us having to pay full whack for the installation once a line became available.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cancelling Telefonica

leave the line connected and just tell them the new poeple are taking over so you want to transfer into their name, better still get the new people to phone first

Originally Posted by pampasgrass