Reload this Page >

canadian moving to spain

canadian moving to spain

Old Sep 23rd 2007, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

nassib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default canadian moving to spain

Hi,

I am a canadian citizen planing to get a work experience in spain, I would be glad if you could tell me a little bit about job search in spain, how about de references, and do I have to present en equivalence of my canadian degee?

Thank you in advance for all the informations you could give me

Sincerly yours,

Mike Tremblay
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 5:55 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: canadian moving to spain

Originally Posted by nassib
Hi,

I am a canadian citizen planing to get a work experience in spain, I would be glad if you could tell me a little bit about job search in spain, how about de references, and do I have to present en equivalence of my canadian degee?

Thank you in advance for all the informations you could give me

Sincerly yours,

Mike Tremblay
Hi Nassib and welcome to the forum!

Why not look through the "Free Beer" thread at the top of the page. Loads of info there.

Regarding your degree, I think most definitely you would need to get a Spanish equivalency here. Your best bet would be to contact the Canadian Embassy in Madrid and ask the question:

Canadian Embassy - Madrid
Goya Building
Núñez de Balboa, 35
28001 Madrid
Spain
Tel: 34 (91) 423-3250
Fax: 34 (91) 423-3251

Best of luck,
Martha
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 5:56 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ive got a huge list of job agencies, but unfortunately they are on my PC in Spain where I'm not going to be for a week.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:29 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Ive got a huge list of job agencies, but unfortunately they are on my PC in Spain where I'm not going to be for a week.

You've got another week in England Whatever did you do to get such a long sentence
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:37 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry to say that if you are not an EU citizen you will find it very difficult to get a work permit in Spain without getting a formal job offer before you leave Canada.

You must go and talk to the Spanish Embassy nearest you to find out exactly what you need to do.

The EU, like the USA and Canada, is a "closed shop" for foreigners as far as work permits and visas are concerned.