Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can you help, Mum and kittens

Can you help, Mum and kittens

Old Jun 8th 2012, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

lovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nice
Default Can you help, Mum and kittens

Can you help, Mum and kittens-thirsty-work-.jpg

Can you help, Mum and kittens-hi-world.jpg

Can you help, Mum and kittens-thanks-letting-us-stay.jpg

My daughter was here on holiday last week and on her way home after a night out with her husband, she came back at 1am telling me a cat was outside crying really loudly. I could hear it from my terrace and told her it sounded as if it was in heat and calling for a mate. We looked over the terrace and was spotted by the cat whos cries became even more loud and desperate. My rescue cat has been neutered so I was puzzled as to why it was staring up at us and crying so loudly. We went downstairs to discover she was pregnant and could only presume she was in labour. As much as I knew that this was not my responsibilty, I could not leave her, the panic in her eyes made me take her inside. She jumped on my bed and continued to cry and then pant!!! daughter and I sat rubbing her tummy and just over two hours later at 3.30am she had a kitten, 7.30am her second one and 10.50am the following morning! her third. Three kittens later and exhausted from having not a wink of sleep I then realised that this was now my responsibility. Mum is absolutely fantastic, she is the most loving (grateful I would think) cat, she has allowed me to handle kittens from the time they were born. She is now in the spare room with her litter tray, food water etc, quiet and happily feeding them. When I walk in the room she comes and lies on her back for me to stroke under her armpits! she thens rubs herself all round me and touches my nose with hers, she would make someone a wonderful companion. I can not keep her and kittens as I already have a rescue dog and rescue cat and am in a rented apartment. It breaks my heart to think of such a wonderful loving cat going to a rescue centre and so I appeal to anyone that could or knows anyone who would like such a darling mum or kitten (I may have a home for one of the kittens) Obviously she can stay here until they are weaned but I really need homes for them in a couple of months, they are one week old now and I have attached photos of them.
Attached Thumbnails Can you help, Mum and kittens-first-born.jpg  

Last edited by lovethesun; Jun 8th 2012 at 5:48 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2012, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

dorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you help, Mum and kittens

looking at the mother cat, she seems in good health and clean in these pictures, could it be that she belongs to someone near to you who may be missing her.. you could ask around ?? if I were there I would have one like a shot but unfortunately I'm still in the UK
Old Jun 9th 2012, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

lovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nice

Originally Posted by dorishaslop
looking at the mother cat, she seems in good health and clean in these pictures, could it be that she belongs to someone near to you who may be missing her.. you could ask around ?? if I were there I would have one like a shot but unfortunately I'm still in the UK

When she arrived, she was very thin, after having the kittens it became even more apparent, you could feel her hip bones and all along her spine. She had fleas and worms. She has now been treated for both. I had to buy a special worming tablet from the vet that was OK for nursing mothers.

As she is so affectionate I suspect that she may have belonged to someone and as soon as they realised she was pregnant they have booted her out rather than get her neutered in the first place Grrrrrr!!!!!!! I will of course print off a photo of her and ask around but I don't hold out much hope. She would have obviously wanted to be in a loving home that she knew as the birth approached, not be sat panic stricken, wanting to come into a total strangers (me) apartment to give birth.
Old Jun 9th 2012, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

dorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lovethesun
When she arrived, she was very thin, after having the kittens it became even more apparent, you could feel her hip bones and all along her spine. She had fleas and worms. She has now been treated for both. I had to buy a special worming tablet from the vet that was OK for nursing mothers.

As she is so affectionate I suspect that she may have belonged to someone and as soon as they realised she was pregnant they have booted her out rather than get her neutered in the first place Grrrrrr!!!!!!! I will of course print off a photo of her and ask around but I don't hold out much hope. She would have obviously wanted to be in a loving home that she knew as the birth approached, not be sat panic stricken, wanting to come into a total strangers (me) apartment to give birth.
well in that case you've done brilliantly, I hope it all turns out ok in the end and you find good loving homes for the babies.. what will you do with mum when the kits are weaned... hope you won't just chuck her out, you don't seem like that sort of person
Old Jun 9th 2012, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

I have two cats and a dog already so no, not me... but it might help if you put (approximately) where you are. Spain's a big place!
Old Jun 9th 2012, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fionamw
I have two cats and a dog already so no, not me... but it might help if you put (approximately) where you are. Spain's a big place!
20 minutes from Marbella, here are some more photos taken today.
Attached Thumbnails Can you help, Mum and kittens-arent-i-pretty.jpg   Can you help, Mum and kittens-just-thinking-i-wonder-if-ill-get-new-home.jpg   Can you help, Mum and kittens-hi.jpg   Can you help, Mum and kittens-what-good-mum.jpg   Can you help, Mum and kittens-nice-have-break-them.jpg  

Last edited by lovethesun; Jun 9th 2012 at 3:08 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Ahhhhh! they are 10 days old now and this morning I went in to find, the white kitten with eyes partially opened, black kitten with them fully open and tortoishell with one eye open. Sooooo cute!
Old Jun 10th 2012, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lovethesun
Ahhhhh! they are 10 days old now and this morning I went in to find, the white kitten with eyes partially opened, black kitten with them fully open and tortoishell with one eye open. Sooooo cute!
My friend in Alhama has just told me she found a little puppy up on the hill this morning, very skinny and very terrified, so she's taken it home, and now it's in the shed with bed food and water, let's see what happens. She said it bit her when she picked it up so she's leaving it to calm down overnight and hopefully she will try to gain it's trust over time...it will be interesting to see how this pans out... I hope all ends well for the puppy.. not naming it yet in case the poor little mite doesn't make it