Can you Help

Old Apr 29th 2009, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

softwurkz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can you Help

Hi forum can you help if you are working in Spain as a self employed Hairdresser do you still have to do a Self Assessment Form
Old Apr 29th 2009, 3:59 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice
Default Re: Can you Help

Only if you want to pay UK tax.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 4:40 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by softwurkz
Hi forum can you help if you are working in Spain as a self employed Hairdresser do you still have to do a Self Assessment Form
Not quite sure I understand ...?

Any income earned in Spain has to be declared for tax! If you are self-employed then, in theory, you MUST already be declared as an autonomo. As such, you must pay tax AND the contribution of about 260 euros/month for the equivalent of NI.

Of course, if you don't do any of the above, then are are working illegally <start rant> and deserve all you get <end rant>.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Not quite sure I understand ...?

Any income earned in Spain has to be declared for tax! If you are self-employed then, in theory, you MUST already be declared as an autonomo. As such, you must pay tax AND the contribution of about 260 euros/month for the equivalent of NI.

Of course, if you don't do any of the above, then are are working illegally <start rant> and deserve all you get <end rant>.
Yep its infuriating that you have to pay at least 250€ p.m to work in Spain, even if you earnt less than the NI payment!!!

And yep I could rant all day about the thousands of illegal expats who never pay owt or register for owt, but times are a changing , due to the tax offices massive loss of revenue down to unemployment they are getting stricter and tougher on non payers, Ive know that they are now catching out those advertising in expat magazines by simply visiting or calling the advertised number !!! BIG BIG fines and rightly so,

Rgds

Rotor
Old Apr 30th 2009, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rotor
Yep its infuriating that you have to pay at least 250€ p.m to work in Spain, even if you earnt less than the NI payment!!!

And yep I could rant all day about the thousands of illegal expats who never pay owt or register for owt, but times are a changing , due to the tax offices massive loss of revenue down to unemployment they are getting stricter and tougher on non payers, Ive know that they are now catching out those advertising in expat magazines by simply visiting or calling the advertised number !!! BIG BIG fines and rightly so,

Rgds

Rotor
If that's the case I assume it can only be a matter of time before they tackle the non payment of tax on holiday home rental income in ernest
( not guilty your honour )
Old Apr 30th 2009, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrismortley
If that's the case I assume it can only be a matter of time before they tackle the non payment of tax on holiday home rental income in ernest
( not guilty your honour )

I heard over 4 years ago they were clamping down on this , but dont know anyone whos been caught ,I have noticed a big increase in traffico stoping / fining motorists for anything possible , cant run the country on fresh air!!

Rgds

Rotor