Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can you get working tax credits in Spain ?

Can you get working tax credits in Spain ?

Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:31 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can you get working tax credits in Spain ?

Hi
Can you claim working tax credit to boost your salary if you can only obtain a low paid Burger king Job in Spain ?
Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:37 pm
helsbels1975

helsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant future
Red face Re: Can you get working tax credits in Spain ?

Try Macdonalds ......they may pay more !!!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you get working tax credits in Spain ?

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Hi
Can you claim working tax credit to boost your salary if you can only obtain a low paid Burger king Job in Spain ?
You pay the same tax ( around 12 %) and then apply for a rebate on your situation.
Ever heard the expression...there is no such thing as a free lunch?
Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:35 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maryann
You pay the same tax ( around 12 %) and then apply for a rebate on your situation.
Ever heard the expression...there is no such thing as a free lunch?
Yes heard the expression but surely theres like the mimimum wage thingy and handouts for the lower paid like in England ?

How do the Spanish pay there takeaway bills weekly then ?
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:25 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Yes heard the expression but surely theres like the mimimum wage thingy and handouts for the lower paid like in England ?

How do the Spanish pay there takeaway bills weekly then ?
Hi Big Pete

I've seen your other post and I think you are coming to the wrong country. If I were you I'd stay in Uk where you can get all this stuff. The only problem is, you'll have to put up with the weather
Old Feb 13th 2007, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjh
Hi Big Pete

I've seen your other post and I think you are coming to the wrong country. If I were you I'd stay in Uk where you can get all this stuff. The only problem is, you'll have to put up with the weather
Please dont take offence to this big pete, but why do you want to come here when you just seem to want to find out if you can get all your brit stuff here? I know we all have our own needs and reasons, but you are intriging me. You also seem fixed on what you can get out of the spanish goverment. I would suggest you do loads more research cos if you come here and you cant support your self you really are stuffed. The UK is a democracy, that is taken for granted by many and it is a luxury the brits take for granted, which is why it appears immagrants get hand out right left and centre. ( I know that is a whole new thread) But, life is tough here because it is so different to waht we have become used to in the UK.
This nation was used as target practice for the natzi's during WW2. Franco allowed that. They lived in a dictatorship until 30 years ago, this is a bit political but it showns the new adjustments this nation is making.
I hope you make the right desicion on whether to come.
Good luck

love

mary x
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:59 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest you do loads more research cos if you come here and you cant support your self you really are stuffed.
mary x
Quote Big Pete:
At the moment i enjoy a super flash standard of living have a 6 bedroomed house in 5 acres of prime countryside with 2 lakes , and golf range etc etc.. Drive the Top Merc SL500 AMG full spec , Have the small boat , money well being honest what i want i buy when i want it ! , but have run out of buying as i have virtually everything you can get or i want anyways .

I don't think Big Pete has a problem supporting himself
Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:33 am
Account Closed

Sue-Tom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

No you cannot claim working tax credit or child benefit we were told when We checked with employment and pensions, as we are retiring to spain next month. You have to be able to support yourself and family, look at your figures carefully, yes somethings in Spain are cheaper but not all. best advice, do plenty of research before moving.

Sue
Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

You can always get a job in stand up comedy to top up your wages.

Old Feb 13th 2007, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by helenp
You can always get a job in stand up comedy to top up your wages.

I think big pete must be a comedian judging by his posts!
Old Feb 13th 2007, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Quote Big Pete:
At the moment i enjoy a super flash standard of living have a 6 bedroomed house in 5 acres of prime countryside with 2 lakes , and golf range etc etc.. Drive the Top Merc SL500 AMG full spec , Have the small boat , money well being honest what i want i buy when i want it ! , but have run out of buying as i have virtually everything you can get or i want anyways .

I don't think Big Pete has a problem supporting himself
Ay, didn't see that on another thread, but then it doesn't seem to tie in with all the goverment support questions, hard to give advice to someone when you dont understand the situation. You dont want to see someone make a mistake and get in a fix. Just wanted to try and help him..
Old Feb 13th 2007, 10:53 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Ay, didn't see that on another thread, but then it doesn't seem to tie in with all the goverment support questions, hard to give advice to someone when you dont understand the situation. You dont want to see someone make a mistake and get in a fix. Just wanted to try and help him..
He`s winding you up ;-)
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdr
He`s winding you up ;-)
Still dont understand him, how is he winding me up?
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:26 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Like me Maryann I thought it was a serious question at first then I saw what he'd put on another thread about his lifestyle in the UK. I then realised he is asking the sort of questions that we all know would only apply to immigrants in the UK as we all know full well that we will have to support ourselves when we are in another country. I don't think he means ill by what he's put, just having a laugh.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:49 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Mary, bless you, you are so sweet I want to hug you. I think Big Pete was made with the same mould as Andy Pipken now that is a worry!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.