Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

can you become too spanish?

can you become too spanish?

Old Aug 12th 2009, 12:38 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can you become too spanish?

Originally Posted by JLFS
In what way useful???

I was the only one that responded.
Don`t feed the troll. ;-))
Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:04 am
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the advice about the dictionary. I have found it very useful,

I have looked up the word “voracity” and the meaning is defined here:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Voracity

However, I think the word you were looking for is “veracity, which is defined here:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/veracity

Maybe I am not the only one who needs to do a “little revision”

I am sorry for the smugness, (childish, I know), but I could not resist, after quite publicly, being on the receiving end.

Old Aug 12th 2009, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

leckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant future

Shame, this started a really nice thread about life for kids in Spain .
Old Aug 12th 2009, 5:55 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leckytech
it did, didn't it.....

have you got kids - are they Spanishish?

or are you?
Old Aug 12th 2009, 6:57 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I just am too Spanish, and maybe oil and water........

Any language issues, I am outta here.

Cheers
Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:00 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I just am too Spanish, and maybe oil and water........

Any language issues, I am outta here.

Cheers
NO!!

most of us are grateful for your input
Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:16 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
NO!!

most of us are grateful for your input
Hi nena,

Well apart from a few posters on here, that is not the impression I get.
It just seems to stir up a load of snotty replies. If anyone wants to know how to discuss language, just look at the Italian forum.

They have got it right, they can take being corrected, (I can too) they dont take offence and are progressing quicker because of it.

I am not into "posting deliberate mistakes" as others claim, just to catch the less informed out. (I still doubt it was a deliberate mistake, though)

So if I need any advice on the English language, I will either PM some of the good and not so condescending posters on the English site (this works both ways and I will help if I get a PM), or interlope on the Italian "Talk the talk" forum.

But I wont be putting my head above the parapet, it seems folks dont like being "told" by a Spaniard

Cheers
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:33 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi nena,

Well apart from a few posters on here, that is not the impression I get.
It just seems to stir up a load of snotty replies. If anyone wants to know how to discuss language, just look at the Italian forum.

They have got it right, they can take being corrected, (I can too) they dont take offence and are progressing quicker because of it.

I am not into "posting deliberate mistakes" as others claim, just to catch the less informed out. (I still doubt it was a deliberate mistake, though)

So if I need any advice on the English language, I will either PM some of the good and not so condescending posters on the English site (this works both ways and I will help if I get a PM), or interlope on the Italian "Talk the talk" forum.

But I wont be putting my head above the parapet, it seems folks dont like being "told" by a Spaniard

Cheers
Don't be silly. Ignore the ignorant. The rest of us find such discussions interesting.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:38 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

On a lighter note, for anyone employing a Spanish nanny,
.....or the Spanish strike back....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fda4_wo6JI
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

leckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lynnxa
it did, didn't it.....

have you got kids - are they Spanishish?

or are you?
Yeah got kids 7 & 12 just moved out here and was interested to read the freedom they enjoy here as opposed to the UK, well at least from the area I moved from. One of the main reasons for moving really was to give my kids a better life or at least the kind of childhood I remember when I was a kid in Scotland
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:16 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Yeah got kids 7 & 12 just moved out here and was interested to read the freedom they enjoy here as opposed to the UK, well at least from the area I moved from. One of the main reasons for moving really was to give my kids a better life or at least the kind of childhood I remember when I was a kid in Scotland
Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Don't be silly. Ignore the ignorant. The rest of us find such discussions interesting.
Here here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:39 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bil

Hats of to you bil, I love your sense of irony, I know and you know, that you are one who is pointed out as not accepting my explanation..... with good grace.

You are the king of the banco jones. There are two possibilities, one is that you are truly blind as to what and how you come across, or the other is that you are a master wind up merchant, with a wicked and finely tuned ironic streak.

I hope it is the latter, coz a talent like yours is priceless.

Cheers mate, nice one.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 7:53 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Hats of to you bil, I love your sense of irony, I know and you know, that you are one who is pointed out as not accepting my explanation..... with good grace.

You are the king of the banco jones. There are two possibilities, one is that you are truly blind as to what and how you come across, or the other is that you are a master wind up merchant, with a wicked and finely tuned ironic streak.

I hope it is the latter, coz a talent like yours is priceless.

Cheers mate, nice one.
Well, I had heard the expression used both ways, but I am always prepared to learn. Plus, I don't give a sh*t, me suda la polla, what people think of me.

It is fun tho winding up some types, isn't it?

Many thanks for the kind words.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 7:55 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bil
Well, I had heard the expression used both ways, but I am always prepared to learn. Plus, I don't give a sh*t, me suda la polla, what people think of me.

It is fun tho winding up some types, isn't it?

Many thanks for the kind words.
you old buzzard

cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.