Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

can you become too spanish?

can you become too spanish?

Old Aug 5th 2009, 9:34 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can you become too spanish?

Originally Posted by me me
There is no "NO" at the beginning of "me suda la polla". It starts with the word "me".

JLFS
Yes and no.

No me suda la polla = It doesn't bother me

me suda la polla = it DOES bother me.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 9:37 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
is there a d missing ?
Yes. In Spanish, especially (in my experience) in Andalucia, there is a savage tentancy to drop letters.

Joder > joer, pesado > pesao. Past participles are very prone to it.

The letter s goes as well, so gusta > guta and so on.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 9:40 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Yes and no.

No me suda la polla = It doesn't bother me

me suda la polla = it DOES bother me.
Don`t really think you should try telling a Spaniard how to speak his language.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 9:47 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
Don`t really think you should try telling a Spaniard how to speak his language.
Sweet of you to mention it.

No I am not telling him how to do anything. I am merely commenting on what has been my experience with that expression.

So tell me do. How exactly are you blessed with the knowledge that the gentleman in question knows every thing about every phrase in every area of Spain?

Is it because you are blessed with a complete and perfect knowledge of English? If so, please feel free to confirm. Otherwise you just look silly.

The rest of us are bright enough to realise that there is a lot of variation within a language. In my experience, in Spain the variation can be huge within comparatively small distances.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 9:55 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

No I am not telling him how to do anything. I am merely commenting on what has been my experience with that expression.

So tell me do. How exactly are you blessed with the knowledge that the gentleman in question knows every thing about every phrase in every area of Spain?

Is it because you are blessed with a complete and perfect knowledge of English? If so, please feel free to confirm. Otherwise you just look silly.

The rest of us are bright enough to realise that there is a lot of variation within a language. In my experience, in Spain the variation can be huge within comparatively small distances.
As always you know it all, carry on being a twat. lol
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:29 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

Sorry but you are wrong,

me suda/me la suda means it does not bother me. As in I dont give a Sh it.
THERE IS NO "NO" IN IT.
You will not find it used as, NO me suda la polla.

Google it and see for yourself, if you dont belive me.

I have never claimed to be perfect in any language, but I do try to put things right from time to time when I see mistakes that can easily be sorted.
I am not the grammar or spelling police and know what it is like to learn another language.

Most of my learning came from being corrected, and was glad of it.
But, hey, I can keep my bits of knowledge to myself, NO PROBLEM

JLFS,

Last edited by me me; Aug 6th 2009 at 1:54 am.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:44 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but you are wrong,

me suda/me la suda means it does not bother me. As in I dont give a Sh it.
THERE IS NO "NO" IN IT.
You will not find it used as, NO me suda la polla.

Google it and see for yourself, if you dont belive me.

I have never claimed to be perfect in any language, but I do try to put things right from time to time when I see mistakes that can easily be sorted.
I am not the grammar of spelling police and know what it is like to learn another language.

Most of my learning came from being corrected, and was glad of it.
But, hey, I can keep my bits of knowledge to myself, NO PROBLEM

JLFS,
do you think he may have just misheard 'yo me.................................'
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:46 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

any chance of a Spanish sweary filter?

I start a nice thread about kids & you all start swearing
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:53 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

[QU2OTE=lynnxa;7818133]do you think he may have just misheard 'yo me.................................'[/QUOTE]

you could be right about mishearing, or he might just have a very sweaty "do dah", which alters his perception of things.

Regards,
YOU
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:55 am
¿Dónde estoy?

[QU2OTE=lynnxa;7818133]do you think he may have just misheard 'yo me.................................'
you could be right about mishearing, or he might just have a very sweaty "do dah", which alters his perception of things.

Regards,
YOU[/QUOTE]

you worked out where my name's from yet?
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by lynnxa

Regards,
YOU

you worked out where my name's from yet?[/QUOTE]

I have always known, I was just fooling around. You are from Javea.

I am Gallego and we do the same thing with the Js. They become Xs just like Valencian. My G.dad writes his name with an X. Xavier

JLFS
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:03 am
¿Dónde estoy?

you worked out where my name's from yet?

I am Gallego and we do the same thing with the Js. They become Xs just like Valencian. My G.dad writes his name with an X. Xavier

JLFS[/QUOTE]

I thought you knew

so when is YOU signing up with a seperate account?
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:08 am
Banned

JLFS
I thought you knew

so when is YOU signing up with a seperate account?[/QUOTE]

I cant do it, it is agains the law, and the law is the law.
You are not allowed to have multiple identities on the same IP address.

It will confuse people, or so I have been told.

Regards,
JLFS, YOU, FELIPE DE BORBON, JAIME MARICHARLAR, Y INAKI URDUGARIN Y FRAN RIVERA.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:22 am
¿Dónde estoy?

I thought you knew

so when is YOU signing up with a seperate account?

Regards,
JLFS, YOU, FELIPE DE BORBON, JAIME MARICHARLAR, Y INAKI URDUGARIN Y FRAN RIVERA.[/QUOTE]

stop messing up the quotes

you can - just PM sue in admin & tell her - not a problem
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:24 am
Banned

Regards,
JLFS, YOU, FELIPE DE BORBON, JAIME MARICHARLAR, Y INAKI URDUGARIN Y FRAN RIVERA.
stop messing up the quotes

you can - just PM sue in admin & tell her - not a problem[/QUOTE]

Fanks

jlfs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.