Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can somone please help me!!

Can somone please help me!!

Old Jul 12th 2013, 3:03 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can somone please help me!!

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Brown envelopes ????
as I said in post #10.
Old Jul 12th 2013, 3:15 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Brown envelopes ????
Quite possibly but at least the legislation exists.

That at least means, assuming that you know of its existence, you can ask to see the documentation and surveys and reports that should have been carried out.

I do know exactly what is involved as I built our house after the new rules came in and it cost a fortune to satisfy all the requirements. I have a huge file full of geological and seismic surveys, concrete tests and steel tests not to mention a 50 page civil engineers report.

It's clearly never going to be perfect and is open to abuse but at least it is a better system than it used to be.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

I have just waded through some of the pages on the "Homes from Hell ITV," (found the dreaded thread!) and it is just as I feared-people who have never seen the place other than on Google Earth, making inaccurate statements, spreading gloom about a place they know nothing about. It was good to see Camposol residents defend it.
The most important message was, however-Come and see for yourselves!
Old Jul 13th 2013, 3:21 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I would not agree that this is a good time to buy in Spain, but can say that 150K would not be enough for those requirements in the Alicante province, you would need to spend at least another 100K.

I can also say that those websites mentioned are often very misleading and only an actual visit to the place itself paints an accurate picture.

Spain is a marvellous country to live in, but the current property market is a real mess. Foreign house hunters in Spain are swimming in shark infested waters.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 5:06 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James

You cannot sell a house without the 10 year insurance - the notary will not allow it and the property cannot be registered.
Oh yes you can (panto season)

At least around here it's easily possible to buy and sell illegal houses without any guarantee

Davexf
Old Jul 13th 2013, 5:25 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I would not agree that this is a good time to buy in Spain, but can say that 150K would not be enough for those requirements in the Alicante province, you would need to spend at least another 100K.

I can also say that those websites mentioned are often very misleading and only an actual visit to the place itself paints an accurate picture.

Spain is a marvellous country to live in, but the current property market is a real mess. Foreign house hunters in Spain are swimming in shark infested waters.
I know of such a property for sale near Gata-de-Gorgos - seems to meet all of the above requirements. property meeting your requirements (they are open to offers)
Old Jul 13th 2013, 6:41 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I know of such a property for sale near Gata-de-Gorgos - seems to meet all of the above requirements. property meeting your requirements (they are open to offers)
I happen to know the area quite well, having lived in Denia and Javea previously, and like the place, but the OP seems to want to be a bit nearer to the sea and I'm not sure the amenities in Gata and Pedreguer offer that much to new expats.

However, the house seems to offer good value at 200K.

It's very hard to advise people on different areas in Spain, we are all individuals with different tastes and Spain is such a massive country. I only know tiny bits of it, to the west of Malaga and some of the Alicante province, but I would recommend the tiny bits I know to anyone.

(And I've only been to Camposol a couple of times and don't want to start an argument).
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

mikeglover is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fred James
It depends what you mean by "new".

All properties built since 2002 have a 10 year warranty backed, not by the builder, but by expensive insurance. They also have to be inspected by civil engineers (unconnected with the architect involved in the project) at all stages of the construction and signed off by them before the insurance can be issued.

You cannot sell a house without the 10 year insurance - the notary will not allow it and the property cannot be registered.
When we purchased our second hand property it was 4 years old. It did not have a policy and we were told that we had to sign to acknowledge that we were aware of that fact. The notary was happy to allow the purchase/sale to go through. When we registered the property, the registry office told us that we cannot sell before the original 10 years are up unless the buyer signs a similar document.