Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can a sick person move to Spain?

Can a sick person move to Spain?

Old Jan 3rd 2009, 8:53 am
Banned

Arielle is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Can a sick person move to Spain?

Hi, i have a disability and am wondering would i be alright in Spain?. It's my dream to one day live there (unsure which part) and i worry about it!!.

Thank You in advance.

Ari:
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

ballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really nice
Default Re: Can a sick person move to Spain?

That's a very strange question, and to answer it, there is no reason why you couldn't move to Spain of course!?
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Stapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really nice

I have the same question because can you get an insurance for health? I wanna move to Spain because my daughter is always ill in winter. But we both have medicines for astma. And I think that we will still need them in Spain. So is there any assurancecompany in Spain that'll accept sick persons to their company?

(I hope someone understands my coalmine English... )
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 6:21 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

your going to run in to expenses in spain with Health insurance , whah area you looking to move to ?
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Stapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really nice

I wanna move to Costa Tropical. Salobrena, Almunecar, Motril or Granada.

In Februar (13/22) I have planned to come a whole week to see the area. But I'm still lookeing for a rather cheap vacation. Everything is more than 1000 euro. That's far more than I can afford.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 7:41 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Without wanting to seem harsh (but am going to), if you can't afford 1000€ for an important, exploratory, fact-finding visit to your possible future country of residence then you probably can't afford to move here, so stay where you are until you can.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

At this moment I can't afford it. So I'm gonna find out a cheaper way for that week. By the time I move to Spain I have sold my house and will have enough money to buy a house in Spain and live a period without an income so I can look for a job. I can't sell my house to go on vacation.

But... I still would like to get an answer to the question if it is possible to get an insurance in Spain when you are sick with astma and need medication every day.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
Without wanting to seem harsh (but am going to), if you can't afford 1000€ for an important, exploratory, fact-finding visit to your possible future country of residence then you probably can't afford to move here, so stay where you are until you can.

Being realistic is not Harsh but all my money is in my house.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 10:47 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stapelmaf
But... I still would like to get an answer to the question if it is possible to get an insurance in Spain when you are sick with astma and need medication every day.
You will not be able to get private health insurance which will cover a pre-existing medical condition.

Your only option (unless you move to Valencia where they are introducing a new scheme) is to become employed or self employed and pay social security payments of around €250/month which will get you into the state healthcare system.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 2:12 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Rugbymatt lived in Spain and he is very very sick indeed He then moved to Norfolk where Men are Men and sheep are nervous. Please would visitors make a note of the Norfolk emergency services number just in case you take a turn for the worse and need to use the phone provided..

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 2:39 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Being realistic, there are NO jobs to be had in Spain. The Spanish are suffering and will employ Spanish nationals first.
I would love to be able to say come and welcome, but the truth is plain for all to see. Why do you think so many people are returning to England? If you have a steady income from another source and do not need to work, then you MAY be able to make it (pound versus Euro problems). But if you NEED to work, please think again.
Davexf
Old Jan 4th 2009, 4:54 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi
Being realistic, there are NO jobs to be had in Spain. The Spanish are suffering and will employ Spanish nationals first.
I would love to be able to say come and welcome, but the truth is plain for all to see. Why do you think so many people are returning to England? If you have a steady income from another source and do not need to work, then you MAY be able to make it (pound versus Euro problems). But if you NEED to work, please think again.
Davexf
The OP is in Holland - so no euro problem

I totally echo everything else you said though
Old Jan 4th 2009, 7:16 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
The OP is in Holland - so no euro problem

I totally echo everything else you said though
Are you sure ?
I think they are under a bridge on the Manchester canal. ;-))
Have a look at it`s three posts.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 7:18 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Are you sure ?
I think they are under a bridge on the Manchester canal. ;-))
Have a look at it`s three posts.
oops - got op's mixed up!

but since they were hoping to be under the bridge near me this might help
Old Jan 4th 2009, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Stapelmaf
Being realistic is not Harsh but all my money is in my house.
Do you speak fluent Spanish? I think without that, chasing around the health system in Spain will be a job in its self.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.