Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can anyone recommend an accountant in Nerja who can deal with autonomo / IT?

Can anyone recommend an accountant in Nerja who can deal with autonomo / IT?

Old Oct 14th 2011, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

emjharts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can anyone recommend an accountant in Nerja who can deal with autonomo / IT?

We are moving to Spain next month. My Husband in an IT contractor and has been given work from the company he currently works for in the UK for the next two years and is able to work remotely whilst living in Spain.
We aim to stay longer than 6 months and have been advised that he should register in Spain as self employed as soon as possible so that we are entitled to health care etc. However, we will be needing an accountant to replace our British accountant and therefore as we are moving to Nerja think it is a good idea to find one there as soon as possible and get in contact with them to find out exactly what we need to do.
Does anyone know of any accountants in the Nerja area who can deal with this kind of situation and one that isn't going to cost us the earth!!!
Old Oct 14th 2011, 2:12 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone recommend an accountant in Nerja who can deal with autonomo / IT?

Originally Posted by emjharts
We are moving to Spain next month. My Husband in an IT contractor and has been given work from the company he currently works for in the UK for the next two years and is able to work remotely whilst living in Spain.
We aim to stay longer than 6 months and have been advised that he should register in Spain as self employed as soon as possible so that we are entitled to health care etc. However, we will be needing an accountant to replace our British accountant and therefore as we are moving to Nerja think it is a good idea to find one there as soon as possible and get in contact with them to find out exactly what we need to do.
Does anyone know of any accountants in the Nerja area who can deal with this kind of situation and one that isn't going to cost us the earth!!!
Do you mean he is employed or he is a contractor ... I assume you mean a contractor. You know theres a cost associated with autonomo, dont you?
Old Oct 14th 2011, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Can anyone recommend an accountant in Nerja who can deal with autonomo / IT?

Is it a one -off cost of 250 euro? Yes he is a contractor.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 2:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I am told it varies depending on the type of work you do ... as you say, you need a gestor. Take it carefully, and make very sure you need to register as autonomo. I actually run a UK internet business and I dont need to because of the way it is set up
Old Oct 14th 2011, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

OK, maybe you would be a good person to talk to then mitzyboy.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 2:20 pm
Senior Moment

OK, maybe you would be a good person to talk to then mitzyboy.
Not many people say that
Old Oct 14th 2011, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

If you can explain why you don't need to register as self employed that would be a great help, but I can understand if you don't want to. you can always send me a private message so the whole world doesn't have to read your business!!!
Old Oct 14th 2011, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I am told it varies depending on the type of work you do ... as you say, you need a gestor. Take it carefully, and make very sure you need to register as autonomo. I actually run a UK internet business and I dont need to because of the way it is set up
Yes, please tell us Mitzy!
I am an autonomo for Spanish NHS reasons but work for a UK company remotely.
Costs me 250 euros every month but my tax return never changes - it's always zero. Just an anual lump of tax every june.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billgates
Costs me 250 euros every month but my tax return never changes - it's always zero. Just an anual lump of tax every june.
Hmm giving that you are resident in Spain you should be declaring the tax here rather than the UK. Anyway, I suggest you know the details better than I do
Old Oct 14th 2011, 4:56 pm
Senior Moment

If you can explain why you don't need to register as self employed that would be a great help, but I can understand if you don't want to. you can always send me a private message so the whole world doesn't have to read your business!!!
I'm a company director, and therefore a direct employee of the Limited company in the UK. The company taxes are paid in the UK, nothing to do with Spain.

Originally Posted by billgates
Thats a bit different isn't it, you chose to be autonomo for the health cover. I already have health cover

Originally Posted by cricketman
Hmm giving that you are resident in Spain you should be declaring the tax here rather than the UK. Anyway, I suggest you know the details better than I do
Yes, strangely I am aware of that However, as I said ... in a ltd company you can be constructive whilst still staying within the law.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 5:33 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's a monthly cost and whilst it varies by trade, it also varies by age.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Having been autonomo for many years my advice is don't become autonomo unless you absolutely 100% have to, I guarantee you will regret it! loads of money for SFA
Old Oct 14th 2011, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Mitzyboy, my Husbands company is a limited company and he is the company director and so I assume we can therefore do the same.
Once we leave our address here the registered address for our limited company will be our accountants address here in the UK. Therefore, my Husband is not actually considered self employed but employed by his ltd company.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 5:52 pm
Senior Moment

Thanks Mitzyboy, my Husbands company is a limited company and he is the company director and so I assume we can therefore do the same.
Once we leave our address here the registered address for our limited company will be our accountants address here in the UK. Therefore, my Husband is not actually considered self employed but employed by his ltd company.
Yes, but you have to be sure how you take your remuneration
Old Oct 14th 2011, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

at the moment he pays himself a set wage per month and we take dividands occasionally - i am the company secretary.
I assume we can continue to do the same and when we do become official residents after 6 months he will pay spanish tax on the wage he pays himself?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.