Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Campsites/caravan sites

Campsites/caravan sites

Old Jun 27th 2012, 4:31 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Campsites/caravan sites

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Not seen you around much. Hows things?
OK, BE's a bit quiet at the moment isn't it - where are the racists, global-warming deniers and general nutcases that we need to keep us entertained - even the Barbie has been looking tame.

I was in Spain at my decrepit pad (Costa de la Luz) in April for the first time in 4+ years - Malaga, Cadiz and environs looked pretty good, noticeably better than when I left in 2006.

What's happening with you?
Old Jun 27th 2012, 4:36 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
OK, BE's a bit quiet at the moment isn't it - where are the racists, global-warming deniers and general nutcases that we need to keep us entertained - even the Barbie has been looking tame.

I was in Spain at my decrepit pad (Costa de la Luz) in April for the first time in 4+ years - Malaga, Cadiz and environs looked pretty good, noticeably better than when I left in 2006.

What's happening with you?
We have ended up back in Gods Country and so far so good but the old itchy feet are starting to tingle so who knows where we end up by the end of the year! We are still keeping Spain in mind....

We still have a fair amount of all that right here in the Spain forum with a few of our own Alf Garnets, which is nice!
Old May 10th 2013, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

mrgoldfinder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrMckenna
Is it true they charge treble for electric on these campsites from what I can gather this is true in the costa blanca region ?
I have been in Oropesa for 3 months @ €7.55 a day including electricity and, I have found an even cheaper 'home' at €6.25 a day, with interenet and water thrown in too.
Old May 10th 2013, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrMckenna
Well we intend to find out a bit more then eventually see my friend Hugo who is a Spanish gestor to seek out all the legalities of what I want to do. Basically if I do start this up the owners of camp sites and caravan sites are not going to be very impressed at all but hey if what I'm hearing is true about them trebling electric costs on the sites and I do know this is true at the top end of benidorm/alfaz/albir etc then they can't really say anything because they are ripping people off. Maybe they can stop me accessing there sites but they cannot stop me from altering people's caravans etc with the owners permission. Obviously I want to go about it properly and see my friend Hugo because it's going to be quite a touchy subject where law is concerned just hope it goes in my favour.
With an ACSI card you can have free electricity...
Old May 10th 2013, 2:26 pm
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute

if people let them self being riped of ,oh well
we have never paid more then 33 pence a unit on any campsite
with acsi you only get free ele. for so long, on a long stay you pay for what you use.
Old May 10th 2013, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HeikeundAlan
if people let them self being riped of ,oh well
we have never paid more then 33 pence a unit on any campsite
with acsi you only get free ele. for so long, on a long stay you pay for what you use.
I have decided to stay 4 months here and the price is fixed. I have been touring over a year and will continue until HE says otherwise. I get paid for it too, so it's one long vacation. I only have one life and there's a whole planet to see.