Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Campsites/caravan sites

Campsites/caravan sites

Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:18 am
Banned

MrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really nice
Default Re: Campsites/caravan sites

So that link is saying Spain is all for it if I'm not mistaken ?

At the end of the day I would say that it is definitely doable the hard part would probably be convincing people to make that one off payment but as soon as one or two have it done on the sites I think we will have loads of work on our hands.

Another problem I forgot about is the site owners if they don't want us on there property then it's there right isn't it but the person who owns the caravan must have some sort of say because they own that caravan!!

Must see a gestor about the whole thing really.

This is the thing in Spain there are too many British bar lawyers

Last edited by MrMckenna; Jun 24th 2012 at 11:19 am. Reason: Misspelling
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:24 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrMckenna
I don't think you will find any better advice on here than that!
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:33 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

At the end of the day I would say that it is definitely doable the hard part would probably be convincing people to make that one off payment but as soon as one or two have it done on the sites I think we will have loads of work on our hands.

Another problem I forgot about is the site owners if they don't want us on there property then it's there right isn't it but the person who owns the caravan must have some sort of say because they own that caravan!!

Nope, there aren't that many British bars here, just in the highly Brit populated and visited places such as the CDS

as to lawyers, well you will need to understand the differences here in Spain
between the various types, their specialities, not many visit British bars though.

But BE is always full of people who know lots of things if you need any help, only the odd one or two have no experience in business, life and the universe - but I don't think you want that do you !

one word of advice - free, gratis - do not sell a high priced product to people living in caravans, try selling a lease agreement or a higher purchase agreement spreading the loan over say 5, 10, 15 years. People can understand forking out €200 a month, but finding the €10k for a miniscule system will be hard.
as i say, no charge, no retention fee on the advice,
it works, that is how many security alarm systems are sold.

Last edited by Domino; Jun 24th 2012 at 11:36 am.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:47 am
Banned

MrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really nice

When I say British bar lawyers I mean folk who stand there talking bs and they are completely wrong about the law, somebody says one thing then another will go no no no you have to do this so you never know who is right until you see a good gestor and they put you correct.

Yeh we have considered higher purchase already and it seems like a good option, but the systems we will be installing will be nowhere near £10k wouldn't sell a single kit lol
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:55 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

When I say British bar lawyers I mean folk who stand there talking bs and they are completely wrong about the law, somebody says one thing then another will go no no no you have to do this so you never know who is right until you see a good gestor and they put you correct.

Yeh we have considered higher purchase already and it seems like a good option, but the systems we will be installing will be nowhere near £10k wouldn't sell a single kit lol
If he had read your post he would have realised that but some people just feel they should make their point regardless of the facts presented in front of them.

Spain has been leading the way in terms of Solar energy and I am fully aware that there are endless twists and turns with regards to rules and regulations but if any business has potential its something that is involved in this field, once the technology catches up I'm sure things will improve. I have a good friend in Sussex who lives in the woods and lives with solar and wind tech, he doesn't have mains, no genny, just what nature provides and he doesn't have thousands of batteries to charge so it can be done.
Like I said, do a forum search, the person I have in mind actually gave a long list of figures for energy ratings and a formula to use.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:58 am
Banned

Ok cheers mate I'll have a look.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:03 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I knew what you were saying alright, just my response managed to pull a worm out of the wood, and hopefully some levity into this

just remember the old American saying
"the bigger the buck the bigger the bang"

the 2 expensive components of a solar system are
a) the solar panels - but they say prices are falling all the time as more and more are made/installed, or is it that those at the "forefront" are now taking lower profits
b) the batteries - the smaller the battery system the lower the stored charge and the poorer the service at night. the system batteries will only have a period of life after which they will start to fall off in performance, as with your car battery, although I changed my car battery last week - it was the original installed in 2003, but it is a prestige car.
consider that most things are off during the day, it is only in the 0600-1000 and 1800-2400 that things actually require much electrickery, with the exception of fridges and freezers who are working harder during the 1000-1800+ period.
you cannot rely on the buyer going to bed at 2200 every night, they will want to watch their 42" plasma later than that.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:16 pm
Banned

Yes your right of course which is why each individual customer will get a quote based on electricity bills determining how many kWh they use which is units per hour. People will have different systems to suit if ya know what I'm saying.

By the way out of interest what wheels you got ?
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:20 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
so if electric bill should be €100 but they are paying €300 then cutting in half means a bill of €150 so they are only paying 50% over the odds

who owns the kit ?

do yuo realise that solar power doesnt work in the dark ?
that is why it isnt so popular in the UK and anywhere north of the 44th parallel
that is a good point about paying over the odds.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

elfallero is an unknown quantity at this point

how many kWh they use which is units per hour.

No it is not. kWh is total energy consumption over a period of time (Power x time).
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:32 pm
Banned

No it is not kWh is kilo-watt hours AKA units.

To work out the size of the system needed, we first need to estimate the amount of electricity that you use in kilo-watt hours (kWh). If you have a recent electricity bill, you should see the amount that you use; kWh are sometimes referred to as ‘units’. If not, then it will be necessary to make a list of the electrical products that you use, including lighting, their power rating in watts (W) and the approximate time they are used for during the day / week. Without this information, it is quite difficult to give a good estimate of size and costs.

That was e-mailed to me by my friend who owns a solar energy business in the UK.

Last edited by MrMckenna; Jun 24th 2012 at 1:35 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:33 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

I think the person that owns the site would have the final say over the caravan owners as to what can and cant be done on his land.

Because the owner of the van can abide by the rules of the site or move on, which could be one reason why the vans have wheeels.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:35 pm

there and I thought it was the number of KiloWatts consumed in an hour
a KiloWatt is internationally recognised as A Unit of Electricity on which all billing is based

interesting how knowledge of electrickery has changed over the decades....
downwards!
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:38 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilowatt_hour

seems to explain it to a layman
but we don't have many of those here
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

elfallero is an unknown quantity at this point

there and I thought it was the number of KiloWatts consumed in an hour

Yes!. Nearly correct: Energy = integral of power over time.
The mistake McKenna made was to say that kWh was the "units per hour" - which is wrong. That is power, not energy. Sorry for being so pedantic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.