Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Camposol Mazarron what do yer know?

Camposol Mazarron what do yer know?

Old Aug 18th 2006, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

mitch mitchell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Camposol Mazarron what do yer know?

I am looking at a property on the Camposol urb. near Mazarron, Murcia . Any one got any views good or bad !

mitchmitchell
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Camposol Mazarron what do yer know?

We were looking early 2002, to buy off plan, but decided against. What is it like now?
Old Aug 29th 2006, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by casa del sol
We were looking early 2002, to buy off plan, but decided against. What is it like now?
They are just completing the large new hotel and adding a further 9 holes to the golf course. A new road is being built which will make all areas more acessable. It is quicker to get to the beach now. Not started on the new airport yet. 2 bed Classico just built is selling for about 100,000 + euros These are close to the course and hotel. Camposol is, to be unkind ,a little Britain, but, Mazarron and the port is very much still spanish and that is only 10 minutes away.
You can get a resale, from 89,000
I sound like an estate agent ! someone help me !!!!!

be lucky !
Old Dec 21st 2006, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Debsh is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there

im seriouosly interested about buying from there, i was just wondering if azs far as you know there have been any problems with the buildings?....or any problems once you've bought a proeperty there?...............

cheers any info would be great.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Debsh
hi there

im seriouosly interested about buying from there, i was just wondering if azs far as you know there have been any problems with the buildings?....or any problems once you've bought a proeperty there?...............

Hi, we went last summer for a day trip whilst staying in the mar menor area and to be honest we found mazarron quite scruffy. They were building a new road to the port and there was traffic problems on entry and leaving. Lots os Brits living there and we found some interesting characters in the evening time, not for us but have a look if you want the comforts of a little Britian as someone mentioned. Beach is quite narrow with a very choppy sea. Bye!
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 8:50 am
Just Joined

hi there

lots I can tell you. good lawyer etc. sector A properties are the best. Yes there are problems, more so with the urb.paper/admin then any building trouble. This is the best place to buy if you have a small budget that is so near the coast etc. I think in years to come, once the internal maze is sorted these props will soar in price.

Have not got a lot of time now to give you a full reply, but will do later if you wish. Let me know if you have been there etc. I will be back out there 3rd week feb. will get back to you over the hols.

Mitch
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mitch mitchell
lots I can tell you. good lawyer etc. sector A properties are the best. Yes there are problems, more so with the urb.paper/admin then any building trouble. This is the best place to buy if you have a small budget that is so near the coast etc. I think in years to come, once the internal maze is sorted these props will soar in price.

Have not got a lot of time now to give you a full reply, but will do later if you wish. Let me know if you have been there etc. I will be back out there 3rd week feb. will get back to you over the hols.

Mitch
Yeah, I do have a small budget, (as im only 23!)
I have not been yet, am meaning to go in january, but not sure if I can at the moment,may have to leave it till later as getting time of work is tricky......
Whe i do go over for a week, I was going to stay in one of the bungalows (its about £100 for a week) that I was thinking of buying, obviously not the exact bungalow, but the same design!. I think thats better than staying in a hotel because i can actually see if i like the layout properlty of the bungalow.

You mention internal maze, I read somewhere there were problems with numbering evrywhere? or something is this what you are refering to?
Thanks
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Yeah, I do have a small budget, (as im only 23!)
I have not been yet, am meaning to go in january, but not sure if I can at the moment,may have to leave it till later as getting time of work is tricky......
Whe i do go over for a week, I was going to stay in one of the bungalows (its about £100 for a week) that I was thinking of buying, obviously not the exact bungalow, but the same design!. I think thats better than staying in a hotel because i can actually see if i like the layout properlty of the bungalow.

You mention internal maze, I read somewhere there were problems with numbering evrywhere? or something is this what you are refering to?
Thanks
RE your staying foe a week:...Your main thing to check out when you go to stay is to see if you like other things like shopping and feeding yourself via Spanish shops, do you REALLY like the food that is available from the local shops, if you plan to live there permanantly are your neibours going to be constantly changing due to the owners renting out to holidaymakers having parties every night . Going out off season will give you an idea of bars/restaurants etc.open in the winter , so its not just about looking at the layout of your ( possible ) bungalow. ...
Old Dec 29th 2006, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

hi. Camposol......... Best for you to be aware of any not so good news, so if you are still keen, then i will give you as much infro as you like.
Beware of the snob lot who tell you Camposol and the surround is not a patch on their place. standard brits ! their street is better then yours etc.

It is what YOU make of YOUR property in Spain. There are thousands of brits that spend all day knocking another area. Makes them feel good! Say silly things like the sea is rough there ! etc.

The not so good news, Masa the buiders of the urb, are a very big company,{check there website] they are still buiding on the site. Some 7000 homes at the moment, Masa are the prob. A comittee fromed by owners of the frist sector, Secror A where i have my holiday home, bulit some 8 years ago, are talking to Mazarron council in order to get the site adopted by the council. the council will not do this until Masa bring the site up to the council standard. i.e any potholes , lighting, pavements etc. nothing major. Until Masa do this the coucil will not grant a habit licence. this is putting a lot of people off and keeping prices well down.

There is no danger to the owners on the site. This is the only problem. Lot of people will tell you to steer clear. I say get in while you can. Believe me, I have put a lot of work in sorting the likelyhood of any of the dangers .
Go over there, walk around, knock on a few doors, speak to people, go into the bars, take a few days holiday. see what YOU think.

Yes it is Little Britain. Yes there is some messing with the council & Masa.

But 5 min drive and you are in Mazarron, which is still very much spanish [ prob why a brit said it was scuffy] 5 more mins and you are at the beach.
again mostly spanish and very nice. New roads, new airport coming, 18 hole golfcourse in full swing.

My property costs 62k. semi 2bed full size roof terrace, less then a minute to the comm pool. for which I pay 135 euros a year. everything else within walking distance. If i want, less then 10 mins and i am in a very spanish village.

When all the doubters sprout off , Just ask them where you can get a foot hold in spain 10 mins from the beach for the money you may have. That should shut them up!

Just take yourselve other there, make YOUR mind up.

there are hundreds of great reasons to be in Mazarron area. Take the leap.

mitch
Old Dec 29th 2006, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

The not so good news, Masa the buiders of the urb, are a very big company,{check there website] they are still buiding on the site. Some 7000 homes at the moment, Masa are the prob. A comittee fromed by owners of the frist sector, Secror A where i have my holiday home, bulit some 8 years ago, are talking to Mazarron council in order to get the site adopted by the council. the council will not do this until Masa bring the site up to the council standard. i.e any potholes , lighting, pavements etc. nothing major. Until Masa do this the coucil will not grant a habit licence. this is putting a lot of people off and keeping prices well down.

There is no danger to the owners on the site. This is the only problem. Lot of people will tell you to steer clear. I say get in while you can. Believe me, I have put a lot of work in sorting the likelyhood of any of the dangers .
Go over there, walk around, knock on a few doors, speak to people, go into the bars, take a few days holiday. see what YOU think.

Yes it is Little Britain. Yes there is some messing with the council & Masa.

My property costs 62k. semi 2bed full size roof terrace, less then a minute to the comm pool. for which I pay 135 euros a year. everything else within walking distance. If i want, less then 10 mins and i am in a very spanish village.

When all the doubters sprout off , Just ask them where you can get a foot hold in spain 10 mins from the beach for the money you may have. That should shut them up!

Just take yourselve other there, make YOUR mind up.

there are hundreds of great reasons to be in Mazarron area. Take the leap.

mitch

So what you mean is that the site is still a building site, and there is more to come, the buildings are currently illegal and there is a problem with the lighting and potholes in the roads which are the subect of discussions with the local council. Nothing major, but manana may apply. I wonder why the prices are so cheap?
Old Dec 30th 2006, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

did I touch a nerve ?.......... Don,t you just love supportive brits!
Old Dec 30th 2006, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

did I touch a nerve ?.......... Don,t you just love supportive brits!
thanks alot for all the info.........
just one last thing, what does it matter if the council dont adopt camposol?.......is it illegal to live there as person says above?
happy new year
Old Dec 30th 2006, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough
Red face Re: Camposol Mazarron what do yer know?

[QUOTE=Debsh;4236772]thanks alot for all the info.........
just one last thing, what does it matter if the council dont adopt camposol?.......is it illegal to live there as person says abve?

happy new year[/QUOT

a gou d point, the poimt is dat wever u live u are hav settli in difficulties, I no, having lived an work in 4 different coutries, language, culture, whats the prioblem? Sorry some a times my Endglish coud be bettrr. do real love thhe
weather in Espania por favour
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

a gou d point, the poimt is dat wever u live u are hav settli in difficulties, I no, having lived an work in 4 different coutries, language, culture, whats the prioblem? Sorry some a times my Endglish coud be bettrr. do real love thhe
weather in Espania por favour[/QUOTE]

i grew up on the cosda del sol, from when i was 3 till i was 14, and have visited the costa del sol on and off for the last 9 years. (i am 23). i am completely bi-lingual so i am not worried about language or culture, as going back to spain for me is like going home.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:50 pm
MONA LISA

coultrm will become famous soon enough

We recent sold a 2 bed Fortuna basic having taken ownership of it last year as we felt we would encounter problems with the build structure in the future. Having stayed in our property during the winter months and having rented similar properties prior to the completition of ours they are expensive to heat as they are not well insulated and were built for summer usage only.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.