Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

CAM Bank website down

CAM Bank website down

Old Dec 18th 2011, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CAM Bank website down

I can't access the Cam Bank's website today (Sunday). Anyone know or heard why?
I had an unfortunate (for me!) incident on Friday at one of their branches. I fed two 50 Euro notes into the ATM to pay into my account and after a few moments my card popped out and I was told the process couldn't continue and that was that! No money was returned. I spoke to an employee at the counter and he said he couldn't check the system as there was a problem (?) with the computer and I should come back after they have checked the machine at the end of their business day.
I intend to go there Monday morning but am somewhat concerned that if they just shrug their shoulders, I can't prove I put the notes in.
Is my paranoia re' the state of Spanish banks becoming too obsessive that even their website not working concerns me?

Brian

Update:- Solbank & Santander not working either!

Last edited by Countryboy1; Dec 18th 2011 at 1:46 pm.
Old Dec 18th 2011, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CAM Bank website down

I don't know if you do this already but I have been having trouble with Solbank for a couple of days and found out today, empirically, that it seems to have changed to solbank.es from Solbank.com.
Old Dec 18th 2011, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

DonQuixote is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biffta
I can't access the Cam Bank's website today (Sunday). Anyone know or heard why?
I had an unfortunate (for me!) incident on Friday at one of their branches. I fed two 50 Euro notes into the ATM to pay into my account and after a few moments my card popped out and I was told the process couldn't continue and that was that! No money was returned. I spoke to an employee at the counter and he said he couldn't check the system as there was a problem (?) with the computer and I should come back after they have checked the machine at the end of their business day.
I intend to go there Monday morning but am somewhat concerned that if they just shrug their shoulders, I can't prove I put the notes in.
Is my paranoia re' the state of Spanish banks becoming too obsessive that even their website not working concerns me?

Brian

Update:- Solbank & Santander not working either!
Just checked it and working fine:

https://www.cam.es/EN/Paginas/Inicio.aspx
Old Dec 18th 2011, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DonQuixote
Just checked it and working fine:

https://www.cam.es/EN/Paginas/Inicio.aspx
Thanks 'Don', for me now also. Must be paranoia as I suspected!
Old Dec 18th 2011, 5:04 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to reply to you thread about flooring (on this page)
Old Dec 19th 2011, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Well this is odd, because very quickly last night (Sunday) the 3 banks sites were once again unavailable and the same AM today.
All other sites I try, load without a problem so it's not an internet connection issue.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 9:33 am
Just Joined

DonQuixote is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biffta
Well this is odd, because very quickly last night (Sunday) the 3 banks sites were once again unavailable and the same AM today.
All other sites I try, load without a problem so it's not an internet connection issue.
It's at your end mate as I have clicked on the link above and it worked first time.

Don
Old Dec 19th 2011, 11:04 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I saw this on another forum and someone else came on and said it had happened to them.

I have well over €50,000 frozen in the CAM bank which has just been bought for a euro by Sabadell.
We have been told that some time after the takeover is finalized in March,we will either be offered 80-90% of the value of our savings by Sabadell,or the full value of the money if we take Sabadell bonds or shares.We will not be allowed to draw on these for one year.
This leaves us virtually skint in so far as any large bill or emergency will clean us out.
This is really not scaremongering.Why would I do that?I am scared to death!
It has been all over the Spanish press and I'm sure if you type CAM shares into your search engines you will be directed to the right place.

Last edited by Fred James; Dec 19th 2011 at 12:28 pm. Reason: Name of original poster removed
Old Dec 19th 2011, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

SpanishAngel will become famous soon enoughSpanishAngel will become famous soon enough

The link works for me also so the problem is you or your ISP. Have you tried using another browser? Possibly a firewall setting? Browser security setting? Try using another browser first.