Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Calling Joe King: Ref. Denia Storms

Calling Joe King: Ref. Denia Storms

Old Oct 13th 2007, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute
Default Calling Joe King: Ref. Denia Storms

Hi Joe

Are you anywhere near the Montgo side of town. Just wondered if there have been any major mishaps in the area, in light of the recent extreme weather. My apartment is near the Montgo and I have not been able to contact any friends locally.
Old Oct 13th 2007, 2:54 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling Joe King: Ref. Denia Storms

Originally Posted by montgomail
Hi Joe

Are you anywhere near the Montgo side of town. Just wondered if there have been any major mishaps in the area, in light of the recent extreme weather. My apartment is near the Montgo and I have not been able to contact any friends locally.
If you pm me with instructions how to get there I'll check it out for you on Monday if you are really worried. Cant go today / tomorrow as have friends here
Old Oct 13th 2007, 2:56 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
If you pm me with instructions how to get there I'll check it out for you on Monday if you are really worried. Cant go today / tomorrow as have friends here
It could be washed away by then man!!

Oh and Montgomail do you feel safe giving this guy your address?
Old Oct 13th 2007, 2:58 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Heh heh ...... we are some of the few on here that have actually met and she therefore know I am above reproach in every way
Old Oct 13th 2007, 3:03 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Heh heh ...... we are some of the few on here that have actually met and she therefore know I am above reproach in every way
Is she mad?
Old Oct 13th 2007, 3:04 pm
Senior Moment

Is she mad?
Yes, but what has that to do with it
Old Oct 13th 2007, 3:05 pm
Straw Man.

Yes, but what has that to do with it
ah yeah, good point.
Old Oct 13th 2007, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the offer Mitzy. I am not overly worried as the neighbours would have phoned if there had been any major problems. As the apartment is up the hill but not too close to the Montgo (I think we've had this conversation before) I am sure it will still be standing. I am more concerned about the area in general.
Old Oct 13th 2007, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well when we met last, he did seem to attract a few hobos begging for drinks and stuff - so maybe your instincts are right.
Old Oct 13th 2007, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Is she mad?
I work in a mad house and love it, so quite possibly am.
Old Oct 13th 2007, 3:17 pm
Straw Man.

Well when we met last, he did seem to attract a few hobos begging for drinks and stuff - so maybe your instincts are right.
Its the hash brownies he makes, I heard that he made his money selling them at hippie festivals all over Europe, but it was just something I heard you understand.
Old Oct 13th 2007, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Don't worry, I won't say you told me.
Old Oct 13th 2007, 3:21 pm
Straw Man.

Don't worry, I won't say you told me.
Best not to, I am only just recovering from getting in to trouble yesterday!
Old Oct 13th 2007, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have since spoken to a friend in Denia and am happy to report my place is still standing, although apparently the storms were severe enough to wash cars along the road.
Old Oct 13th 2007, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Joe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud of

I have since spoken to a friend in Denia and am happy to report my place is still standing, although apparently the storms were severe enough to wash cars along the road.
Yes we have a villa in the foothills of the Montgo Natural Reserve. There hasn't been much in the way of structural damage in Denia from what I've seen - a wall down and a lot of damage to roads, but not to buildings.

I'm sure your apartment will be fine. It did get windy at times, but nothing that would cause any structural damage. The volume of water that fell in a relatively short period caused most of the problems I think.

Glad you've managed to get hold of someone anyway.

Last edited by Joe King; Oct 13th 2007 at 4:35 pm.