Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Calling any surfers

Calling any surfers

Old Jul 31st 2009, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

soontobeingalicia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calling any surfers

I am moving to Galicia with my family to escape the rat race and start living a more simple life in Galicia what I will miss is the weekends (and the odd buncked day of work) surfing with my biddies in Devon, Cornwall. Having surfed in the UK for 10 years I am keen to keep surfing and while I want to emerse myself in Galician culture and make local friends I am not so sure how many of the locals will be surfers (my farm is 2 hours in land). Not keen on surfing alone it would be cool to meet some locals to the coast (or anyone who surfs that lives near Monforte De Lemos) any contacts would be much appriciated.

Thanks
Old Jul 31st 2009, 5:14 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling any surfers

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you are a surfer the best place to head for is Pantin. That is like the mecca of Galician surfing. It is a week in September, and you should meets loads of future surfing buddies there.
Good luck

http://www.northcoastsurfingnsw.com/...n-classic.html

JLFS

OOPS apparently the link doesnt work but google pantin and you will find what you need.

Last edited by me me; Jul 31st 2009 at 5:16 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 6:28 am
Just Joined

soontobeingalicia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calling any surfers

Thanks for the info, usually head down to Hossogor at the end of Sept with friends to surf and watch the surf comp but think will plan a surf trip along the north and west coast fo Galicia this year to see whats about.

Thanks again much appriciated