Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The caliphate of Andalus.

The caliphate of Andalus.

Old Jul 4th 2014, 9:43 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The caliphate of Andalus.

Originally Posted by two tubes of toothpaste
The Bow Street runners were set up to control the lawlessness of the East End, superseded by Robert Peel's Police.

God help us if we have to have the Army patrol the streets of London like we had to do in Northern Ireland. It really will be all over bar the shouting.

It is the Police, and especially the Anti-terrorist Squad's duty to keep control of Britain's streets, not the Army's.
unless the police lose control (which they did in the London Riots) and a magistrate/judge reads the Riot Act empowering the army to take control.

however, I hope that never happens, it would mean the end of our civilised way of life. No one wants to walk the streets in fear.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

When I lived in Cairo in the early 90s there was a no go area near the old Cairo castle ruins. the police would not enter and every now and then an ignorant foreigner would be picked up outside the walls as mother had made him or her. Generally they were just stripped of everything but the police had been killed in the past.

Back to the UK, there WILL be a solution..................And the fluffy bunnies will have no say in it............OAK
M

Last edited by Maybe1day; Jul 4th 2014 at 9:56 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 9:53 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

"HBG: Whenever I walk down the local streets now, you can smell the hostility of the new occupants, you can see the hatred in their eyes merely because you are a white person. There are very few white people left and their pubs are now Mosques".

it is bad when things reach that level. And yet some, in their middle class coziness. will say that you are the problem because you are the one that is racist.
In other parts of the country it is unsafe to walk through "non-white" areas late at night. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Ross_Parkerwhich was way back in 2001 - it hasn't got better since then. Those who were prosecuted will, in theory, be out in a couple of years time. However, a young life was terminated under horrifying circumstances.

Last edited by Domino; Jul 4th 2014 at 9:58 pm. Reason: what is the matter with the BE computer system???
Old Jul 5th 2014, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

In 1996 I spent 3 months in the US touring the Southern States of Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and ending up in Louisiana on New Years Eve.

In my opinion the UK is far more integrated than the US. On a couple of occasions driving a hire car I got lost and wandered into Black Areas. No beating about the Bush here. You take a wrong turn and end up in in the wrong neighbourhood and it's terrifying.

In Tennessee en route to Gracelands and Sun Studio I was stopped by the Police who advised me to take a different route and lock my doors. The two Black Officers I spoke to were polite and helpful. They also advised not to wait at a red light if I felt threatened. Sure enough two minutes later I stopped at a junction/red light and the only thing I remember is a 'Liquor Store' with bars on the windows and a group of youths walking over to my vehicle.

Say what you will about the 'melting pot' that is supposed to be the US. It's not.

The US is all about separation and limited tolerance, certainly not integration.

If anyone takes the trouble to read 'The Birmingham Speech' as it is referred to by the author then they will read the words of a highly educated and well travelled man who offered a truth that very few accept.

For all the world I want him to be wrong but history is proving to be on his side.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
Here's the map proving it.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...00_634x381.jpg

I'm glad it's a benign, peaceful, cultured place - I'm sure everything will be OK.
Don't know where you found the map, but I've never ever seen Khorasan extending to include the whole of India & I have lots of books on Iran. Afghanistan & parts of Central Asia yes, but I'm sceptical about India.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by stuboy
In 1996 I spent 3 months in the US touring the Southern States of Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and ending up in Louisiana on New Years Eve.

In my opinion the UK is far more integrated than the US. On a couple of occasions driving a hire car I got lost and wandered into Black Areas. No beating about the Bush here. You take a wrong turn and end up in in the wrong neighbourhood and it's terrifying.

In Tennessee en route to Gracelands and Sun Studio I was stopped by the Police who advised me to take a different route and lock my doors. The two Black Officers I spoke to were polite and helpful. They also advised not to wait at a red light if I felt threatened. Sure enough two minutes later I stopped at a junction/red light and the only thing I remember is a 'Liquor Store' with bars on the windows and a group of youths walking over to my vehicle.

Say what you will about the 'melting pot' that is supposed to be the US. It's not.

The US is all about separation and limited tolerance, certainly not integration.

If anyone takes the trouble to read 'The Birmingham Speech' as it is referred to by the author then they will read the words of a highly educated and well travelled man who offered a truth that very few accept.

For all the world I want him to be wrong but history is proving to be on his side.
yeah, it is some years since I was in the US, but the first time it was Key West in Florida, where I and a couple of other guys were looking for a drink in a sunny alternative to Portsmouth, Plymouth or Rosyth (especially the latter).
The dimmest, darkest parts of town that I have ever experienced. When we went in a bar the barkeep dragged out a torch that was about 3ft long and demanded ID's. I as youngest (only a couple of months short of 21 was kicked out - so the other guys walked.)

The US makes a great play of Washington being the centre of their, if not The, Universe. Always large scenes of the Memorial, White House etc etc.
And yet behind the cameras (and only just) is one of the most deprived areas in all of America (probably after Detroit). Murder, Rape, Pillage etc etc are all part of daily life for those working/living there.

But as HBG quite graphically puts it, London appears to be fast moving in that direction
Old Jul 5th 2014, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
When I lived in Cairo in the early 90s there was a no go area near the old Cairo castle ruins. the police would not enter and every now and then an ignorant foreigner would be picked up outside the walls as mother had made him or her. Generally they were just stripped of everything but the police had been killed in the past.

Back to the UK, there WILL be a solution..................And the fluffy bunnies will have no say in it............OAK
M
I had to go to Glasgow in 1966, right in the middle of the seaman's strike.
The first place I have ever seen 4 policemen walking the streets together.
Still not sure if it was to provide adequate assitance to the general public or for their own safety

Remember my first visit to Cape Town, in the middle of the Apartheid period, where we had to wear uniforms with gold badges ashore. One of my messmates was found in Sector 6, (at that time the Blacks area, subsequently they were moved out to the Townships, and it it was razed to the ground for use as a high class residential area for whites only).
anyway, he was found lying in a ditch, in a serious alcoholic state, his uniform intact except all the gold badges had been very precisely removed from his uniform without making a mark on him.
I think they were more worried about the repercussions from the SA police if he had been harmed in any way, so not a single mark, just blotto to the n'th degree.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Twenty odd years ago, Cairo was extremely safe apart from 1 area, most middle eastern cities were relatively safe. Crime in most cases was down to Far eastern individuals and Indian subcontinent citizens. In 2005 I was in Oman, and there were some particularly gruesome crimes committed in Muscat by Pakistani nationals. I remember going to visit an old fort on the way to Nizwa, the guard/ticket issuer was a guy in his 60s. There were no guards or cameras anywhere and there were about 20 visitors at the time. There were lots of arms, other antiques and art works on display, plus the normal furniture etc. If it was in Europe the place would have been empty and wrecked too. Obviously crime does exist and there is a well hidden prison about 25 Km North of Muscat, I've no idea how many inmates there were but I was informed that they also carry out the executions there too.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 8:23 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I saw on the news earlier that the new Caliph, Abu Baghdad, now wants all Muslims to obey him and some other nonsense on the same theme. I call it nonsense and most westerners probably agree, but the leaderless Muslims in that part of the world may disagree and flock to worship the new leader.

He doesn’t have much competition, some mad mullahs in Iran, a war monger in Syria, and the Shias in Baghdad who throw down their weapons as soon as they hear gun shots. And the fat Saudis, kept in power by the US because of their oil.

I think the new Caliphate can only be a good thing for the civilised world, if the ****ers get too far ahead of themselves just a sensible sized nuke can put an end to it.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 8:52 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by retired in euzkadi
Don't know where you found the map, but I've never ever seen Khorasan extending to include the whole of India & I have lots of books on Iran. Afghanistan & parts of Central Asia yes, but I'm sceptical about India.
The map is supposedly released by Isis and shows where they want to be within 5 years. I got it from the Daily Mail.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 10:09 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

The silly things that people do in " honour" of their particular Sky Fairy eh? Oh and I mean all of them.... Not singling out one in any way... They are all bullshit.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
The silly things that people do in " honour" of their particular Sky Fairy eh? Oh and I mean all of them.... Not singling out one in any way... They are all bullshit.
Spot On!!!!
Old Jul 6th 2014, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

That explains it; thanks.
I reckon they're wild off the mark if they think they can claim the whole of India in a caliphate. But then statements from the Middle East are often full of exaggerated claims.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I'm pleased to see you wrote Sky Fairy with capital letters. Might one deduce that not quite all doubt is removed??!!
Old Jul 6th 2014, 7:45 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by retired in euzkadi
I'm pleased to see you wrote Sky Fairy with capital letters. Might one deduce that not quite all doubt is removed??!!
He was just showing due respect to magical beings and those who believe in them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.