Calahonda

Old Sep 16th 2013, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Daisydog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calahonda

Hi,
Does anyone know someone who does airport runs from Malaga airport to calahonda please as taxis are a rip off
Old Sep 16th 2013, 7:46 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calahonda

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

No matter what the cost you are better off getting an official taxi or local buses etc because you are not covered by any insurance in the event of an accident. These unofficial airport runs are the most stupid way to travel.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 16th 2013, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daisydog
Hi,
Does anyone know someone who does airport runs from Malaga airport to calahonda please as taxis are a rip off

Just a thought - people who do airport runs, unless licensed taxis, may not be insured.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

I asume you mean Calahonda CDS not Calahonda Costa Tropical?
Old Sep 16th 2013, 8:37 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

There has been quite a few disturbances in Calahonda due to unlicensed taxi drivers. A couple of years ago on Brit was dragged from his vehicle and beaten up. Another night an illegal taxi was surrounded by legal taxis and the passengers forced to leave the unlicensed one. I wouldn't get myself into that situation to save a few euro.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 9:14 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

Legal taxis have to charge the correct amount; it is set down and you can ask any of the drivers and the answer will be the same charge. A rip-off no - enabling them to live - maybe

Davexf
Old Sep 16th 2013, 9:59 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Just a thought - people who do airport runs, unless licensed taxis, may not be insured.
People who do airport runs without licences WILL NOT be insured as normal insurance almost always specifically excludes carriage for hire, and as has been said in other posts, with the current ecconomic climate licenced taxi drivers are understandably peed off with peopple doing 'airport runs', it's not a ecent thing either, it first raised it's head 5 or 6 years ago at Alicante and Murcia. Genuine taxi drivers noted down the reg nos of cars, and if they were seen regularly they either reported them to the police at the airport, or did as has been posted and had them stopped on the road.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 7:13 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

May I suggest Admin lock or delete this thread. Asking for illegal services is surely against forum rules?
Old Sep 17th 2013, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Calahonda

Originally Posted by Daisydog
Hi,
This is definitely not the place to ask..it is illegal although some people do it.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 1:25 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
May I suggest Admin lock or delete this thread. Asking for illegal services is surely against forum rules?
Hi missile. I think the OP was simply asking for an alternative to taxi´s.
A fair and honest question.

I think someone has already stated that the fairs are a fixed price so I don´t understand the original posters "rip off" remarks?
I guess he means "expensive" but that´s relative. Expensive compared to walking, well I have to agree.
Expensive for a half hour/forty minute taxi journey by motorway, not really.
I believe the most realistic and cost efficient way will be for the OP to forfeit the door to door private vehicle hire and jump on a bus! A cheap happy place whereby if you´re lucky, you might have a sing along with all the other passengers
Old Sep 17th 2013, 2:05 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

You could get the train to Fuengirola or the bus to Marbella. A taxi journey would cost much less from either of those.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 10:06 am
Just Joined

dubdave is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a taxi from Murcia airport to Alhama de Murcia cost me 100 euros a 35minute drive coming back an English lad charged me 50 euros It would be cheaper to hire a car for your holiday
Old Sep 19th 2013, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dubdave
I got a taxi from Murcia airport to Alhama de Murcia cost me 100 euros a 35minute drive coming back an English lad charged me 50 euros It would be cheaper to hire a car for your holiday
The point about the car hire, though it may not suit them, could be true depending on how long they're here...............but the 'English lad' charging 50€???? Insurance? Licensed?
Old Sep 19th 2013, 12:48 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
The point about the car hire, though it may not suit them, could be true depending on how long they're here...............but the 'English lad' charging 50€???? Insurance? Licensed?

Yeah....
Old Sep 19th 2013, 3:52 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IamStu
Hi missile. I think the OP was simply asking for an alternative to taxi´s.
A fair and honest question.
Bollox .... I and others have no doubt OP was asking for private airport runs. Unlicensed vehicle taking paying passengers are illegal. If it is licensed it is by definition a "taxi".
OP did not ask about buses.

Last edited by missile; Sep 19th 2013 at 3:56 pm.