Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

cabriolet or diesel car

cabriolet or diesel car

Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:01 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of
Default cabriolet or diesel car

we are moving to spain in 4months and my girlfriend wants me to buy a cabriolet but im thinking about buying a diesel golf as thats what we are currantly driving in the uk its gives us great miles per gallon but she saying we should enjoy are selves and get a cabriolet so we can have the best ove both worlds me and my girlfriend have to agree on one or the other ! so what do you think ?
Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:05 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cabriolet or diesel car

Originally Posted by pjj
we are moving to spain in 4months and my girlfriend wants me to buy a cabriolet but im thinking about buying a diesel golf as thats what we are currantly driving in the uk its gives us great miles per gallon but she saying we should enjoy are selves and get a cabriolet so we can have the best ove both worlds me and my girlfriend have to agree on one or the other ! so what do you think ?
Call me thick - and plenty of people have - but can't you have both? I thought cabriolet was just the style, you know, roofless (and I don't mean 'without compassion' in a Janet Street Porter accent ) Isn't it possible to have that style of car in a diesel version??????

Our car is diesel and an absolute godsend in Spain. We don't pay anywhere near as much in fuel as our petrol friends
Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:05 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjj
Forget the cabriolet!!!! Just get air-con.

Honestly, people don´t even have sunroofs here. You will want the sun most definitly OUT of your car. Take my word for it.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:06 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Call me thick - and plenty of people have -
Thicko!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

agree with Keith - forget the soft top - waaaay too hot in the summer unless you want sun stroke air con is a must
Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:10 pm
has got a huge member

Originally Posted by spain
agree with Keith - forget the soft top - waaaay too hot in the summer unless you want sun stroke air con is a must

And apart from the sunstroke, there is the problem with the subliminal message that a soft top sends out.

(same as the subliminal message that a red ferrari from the 1980s sends out).
Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:12 pm

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Thicko!

Hey - I said Thick. Thicko is just crossing the line, Keith, crossing the line.

JDR????? JDR????? Sort him out

And so what if I've got a soft top, 1980's red Ferrari? Plenty of Italian boys have them!!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:16 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

I agree with others I wont even have the window open it is toooooo hot in the summer you need air con
Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:19 pm
has got a huge member

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Hey - I said Thick. Thicko is just crossing the line, Keith, crossing the line.

JDR????? JDR????? Sort him out

And so what if I've got a soft top, 1980's red Ferrari? Plenty of Italian boys have them!!
So can you confirm if what they say about the red ferrari boys is true? Maybe you haven´t just got a soft top?
Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by keithwalters
So can you confirm if what they say about the red ferrari boys is true? Maybe you haven´t just got a soft top?
I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago in the 'haircut' thread
Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:25 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

What I know about cars you can put on a stamp, Red, Blue, Green, Black they all need AIR CON.

Got stuck in a jam coming back from Jerez one day it was 36 in side the car open the window for air and nearly died of heat stroke after about 30 seconds, so hot had to close up the window and just suffer the in side. This was a hired car from the airport, they said it had air con which it did but I could have produced more wind then the b****y thing.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:04 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjj
Cabriolet everytime go with the flow , your girl will look super sexy with her hair blowing in the breeze , and you tell her so and you will reap the benefits trust me
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:24 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Cabriolet everytime go with the flow , your girl will look super sexy with her hair blowing in the breeze , and you tell her so and you will reap the benefits trust me
Yeh, she'll be in bed with sunstroke and you'll be able to go out on the p!ss every night
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:32 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yeh, she'll be in bed with sunstroke and you'll be able to go out on the p!ss every night

Yes guess there is 2 ways it could go ...
Old Feb 12th 2007, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I had a Triumph Spitfire when I met my wife and, before we moved to Spain, on the odd occasion that the British weather allowed me to put the hood down she complained about her hair getting into a tangled mess.

Despite her protestations we brought it to Spain with us and registered it on Spanish plates. People think that the procedure is complicated now but you should have tried it in 1985!! Over a year later and several hundred thousand pesetas poorer we had our Spanish plates but meanwhile had found that it was usually far too hot to travel with the hood down.

We then bought a country property at the end of a rough 3km track and it was with a sigh of relief from my wife that I finally admitted that my lifelong love affair with Triumph Spitfires must come to an end.

I still look longingly when I see a convertible (cabriolet if you must) but I have to agree with the majority opinion in this thread that it is entirely impractical and that a closed car with air conditioning is a must.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.