Reload this Page >

Buying Spainish property

Buying Spainish property

Old May 31st 2018, 4:50 am
Just Joined

Scriv64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying Spainish property

Hi all

Getting close to retiring and decided to check my old Mineworkers pension. Imagine my surprise when they told me I would get a lump sump. So Im looking at buying a property in Spain.

im after quiet but not graveyard quiet (that can wait for a few more years yet)

I am Single but have three kids all married and too busy to visit me 30 miles away in UK so a bit of space MAY be needed as no doubt I will become so wonderful they have to visit me all of a Sudden

I would prefer closer to the coast and not inland too much as I got 2nd degree burns in Skegness years ago lol.

More than happy to spend a few years building/renovaring somewhere.

So where is a nice place? Any ideas or leads would be appreciated

Many thanks in advance
Old May 31st 2018, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying Spainish property

Spain is a big country,Scriv. But would need a few more details of your likes & dislikes to be able to suggest somewhere.But at present I am thinking about buying a new place,somewhere different but with the good transport links I enjoy at present.I live in Alfaz del Pi,a bus ride from Benidorm but quite different.I gave up a car after I retired as I think you must accept that you aren't as nifty as the youngsters & also it is a big expense.This town suits me very well so maybe I shall change my mind & scratch my itchy feet instead.Went down to Murcia for a few days.Very nice but(only my opinion) I wondered why there were so many people either on bikes,or tri-cycles(love that for us Oldies) & so many others with wheelie shopping bags.Now I know.There are few regular bus links once outside of the city.In fact I was at the bus stop in the town I stayed in,2 hours before I needed to leave.A young Spanish lad was there who said he had taken a summer job but needed to get back home after his shift.He had waited for an hour previous to me.Fortunately eventually my bus arrived to go to Murcia city but he may well still be sitting on the kerb waiting to get to Cartagena.I am sure that others will be able to give you some good pointers & you will love your life here in whatever location.
Old Jun 1st 2018, 4:44 am
Just Joined

Many thanks for your reply

I delivery vehicles all over kUK on a daily basis and some of the locations are quite remote. I also used to live jn a hamlet that had one bus a WEEK to the local village and one back. i will be still driving around for the next 29 years or so. . Ive lived all over Europe with my stint in the Army and can have mixed with Royalty and Tramps so as I said everywhere is available.

I am after somewhere quiet but If I want to be busy its just down the road. i cant be bothered with the hassle of a big city so somewhere on a hill overlooking the chaos below would be ideal. Overlooking the sea as I used to sail in my time and love the freedom of the open sea.

More than happy to just buy some land and put a mobile home on it for a few years while I project manage a new build Hioefully by then Ive figured the place out and can either stay there or sell up and build somewhere else as I will need to keep the grey matter working for a few years yet

So if anyone knows of some land going for slae on a hillside somewhere in Spain let me know. On the other hand if you know of a decent estate agent drop me a link

thanks in advance
Old Jun 1st 2018, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scriv64
Many thanks for your reply

I delivery vehicles all over kUK on a daily basis and some of the locations are quite remote. I also used to live jn a hamlet that had one bus a WEEK to the local village and one back. i will be still driving around for the next 29 years or so. . Ive lived all over Europe with my stint in the Army and can have mixed with Royalty and Tramps so as I said everywhere is available.

I am after somewhere quiet but If I want to be busy its just down the road. i cant be bothered with the hassle of a big city so somewhere on a hill overlooking the chaos below would be ideal. Overlooking the sea as I used to sail in my time and love the freedom of the open sea.

More than happy to just buy some land and put a mobile home on it for a few years while I project manage a new build Hioefully by then Ive figured the place out and can either stay there or sell up and build somewhere else as I will need to keep the grey matter working for a few years yet

So if anyone knows of some land going for slae on a hillside somewhere in Spain let me know. On the other hand if you know of a decent estate agent drop me a link

thanks in advance
Depends what your really looking for. Even when it comes to land on a hill, do you want to be overlooking rocks, should it be like a desert, or be more green?
We also bought land a few years ago, but prices were a bit cheaper at that time. Even then, I had a look all over Spain to get an understanding of prices and thought they were very high in many places. One typical place comes to mind (popular with Brits on a hill overlooking sea and town) would be Altea Hills. But if you look at the prices, even the worst urbano land on a main road is very expensive and hard to build on. All over Spain, you'll find places like this and the more popular with Brits, the more expensive it gets of course. Then you have people holding on to the land with unrealistic prices, hoping Google will come and buy it :-). What I would do is just search all property websites for Terreno and make sure it's Urbano to get an understanding of prices. Although we don't have sea view, I'm happy with location and it's only 6 - 7 km to sea and town. We looked all over Spain and opted for Girona/Selva, (near to Lloret & Blanes) to be specific.
Old Jun 1st 2018, 8:17 am
Just Joined

As long as its a nice view Im not fussy. Rocks is fine chemical plants in not if you get my drift.

Lots of Brits is the area is not required as Ive lived in Germany and Holland for years. If I want lots of Brits I can stay here.

Im more than happy to fit in with the local culture as I prefer the “continentsl” way instead of pie and a pinti will have a look at he areas you mentioned
Old Jun 1st 2018, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scriv64
As long as its a nice view Im not fussy. Rocks is fine chemical plants in not if you get my drift.

Lots of Brits is the area is not required as Ive lived in Germany and Holland for years. If I want lots of Brits I can stay here.

Im more than happy to fit in with the local culture as I prefer the “continentsl” way instead of pie and a pinti will have a look at he areas you mentioned

This for example is the kind of area.and plots are all different, but usually have all connections to mains available and are classed urbano. The further you go up the less houses you have, but in all cases it's mainly for detached houses. You'll actually find more Dutch, French, German or Scandinavians in this area and of course the majority are locals, or people from Barcelona who have weekend homes.

Last edited by Moses2013; Jun 1st 2018 at 8:36 am.
Old Jun 1st 2018, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Moses2013
This for example is the kind of area.and plots are all different, but usually have all connections to mains available and are classed urbano. The further you go up the less houses you have, but in all cases it's mainly for detached houses. You'll actually find more Dutch, French, German or Scandinavians in this area and of course the majority are locals, or people from Barcelona who have weekend homes.
Sorry, couldn't attach but here just a streetview of area
Attached Thumbnails Buying Spainish property-street1capture.jpg  
Old Jun 1st 2018, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

Try looking on Cave houses forum as well for something/somewhere different