Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Buying a second-hand car in Ayamonte

Buying a second-hand car in Ayamonte

Old Dec 4th 2015, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Helderberg is just really niceHelderberg is just really niceHelderberg is just really niceHelderberg is just really niceHelderberg is just really niceHelderberg is just really niceHelderberg is just really niceHelderberg is just really nice
Default Buying a second-hand car in Ayamonte

Could anybody give me advice in connection of buying a second-hand car in Ayamonte ? Are there some reputable car dealers around there ? Any recommendations or experience ? Looking for an economic car.
Moving to Costa Esuri in February and obviously have to wait for my NIE. How long does a NIE take to be issued ?
Thanks guys.
Old Dec 4th 2015, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Ramon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Buying a second-hand car in Ayamonte

Have sent Private Message to you. Please check it.
Old Dec 8th 2015, 4:42 am
Just Joined

Helderberg is just really niceHelderberg is just really niceHelderberg is just really niceHelderberg is just really niceHelderberg is just really niceHelderberg is just really niceHelderberg is just really niceHelderberg is just really nice

When you buy a second-hand car, is there a special tax to be paid ?
Is this the same whether you buy from private or from a car dealer ?
I heard of a 4% tax on the original price ( list price ).
Can someone put me into the picture, please !
Thanks
Old Dec 8th 2015, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

Most dealers are correct. There is only one I would not recommend at all as he is impossible to deal with in case of problems, I will send you his name in private. If you go to Eurotallers (ex Ford), Meri, the owner speaks fluently English. The advantage of buying to a professionnal dealer are that they do all the paperwork for you, and, by law, you systematically have a one year guarantee.
Old Dec 8th 2015, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JeanMichel
Most dealers are correct. There is only one I would not recommend at all as he is impossible to deal with in case of problems, I will send you his name in private. If you go to Eurotallers (ex Ford), Meri, the owner speaks fluently English. The advantage of buying to a professionnal dealer are that they do all the paperwork for you, and, by law, you systematically have a one year guarantee.
Hi Olaf, we agree with JM. When we first came to Spain we bought our car from Meri and were very pleased with it and the service we received until we moved back to the UK in Sept. Regards Mike
Old Dec 8th 2015, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Thanks Jean-Michel and Mike. Sounds reassuring, buying a second-hand car is one of the most scary things !?

Last edited by Helderberg; Dec 8th 2015 at 9:12 am.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

One more detail: Meri speaks perfectly German!...
Old Dec 9th 2015, 8:59 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Helderberg
When you buy a second-hand car, is there a special tax to be paid ?
Is this the same whether you buy from private or from a car dealer ?
I heard of a 4% tax on the original price ( list price ).
Can someone put me into the picture, please !
Thanks
Have a look at this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/spain...er-tax-847610/
Old Dec 9th 2015, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Ramon is an unknown quantity at this point

Merci ! Danke! Thank you guys !
Old Dec 15th 2015, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

irlanda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JeanMichel
Hi
We purchased a second hand car in Nonember from Meri and found him to be excellent , he also arranged all documentation and the m.ot regards
Old Dec 17th 2015, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

George & Rosalia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Irlanda,

Can you advise on the additional costs of buying a 2nd hand car - MoT, Road Tax, Insurance, etc? I visit the area about 3/4 times a year for about 2 months in total but that might rise. I'm trying to decide on the merits of buying as opposed to renting.

George
Old Dec 17th 2015, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

If you spent two monthes a year in the country, it is not interesting for you to buy a car, except if you come in summer when the car rentals are very expensive.
Old Dec 18th 2015, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi Jean Michel,

I would still be interested in getting the costs. If I bought a 2nd hand for approximately €4,000, I guess insurance €400 (2 people, full licence, no claims), MoT €80, road tax €200, service €150 and general maintenance on average €250 pa. would that be a fair estimate?

George
Old Dec 18th 2015, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

It depends on what kind of car you
bought.
Old Dec 18th 2015, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

I am assuming a Ford Focus 1.8 Trend or similar, probably pre 2008.

George

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.