Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Buying property in Spain

Buying property in Spain

Old Aug 11th 2011, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

Macberry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying property in Spain

In Canada and the US we have the multi list search, in which all properties for sale by all real estate agents are listed and you can choose the agent you want and he/she will have access to all property detailed in the MLS.
I have not seen the same kind of listings in Spain. Once I have found an agent that I feel comfortable using in Spain, does that agent have access to all property for sale, or do I have to contact each individual who has a house for sale?
Old Aug 11th 2011, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying property in Spain

look here http://www.kyero.com/ put in the area you are interested in, also sat the bottom it has the agent to contact. Good luck
Old Aug 11th 2011, 1:56 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macberry
In Canada and the US we have the multi list search, in which all properties for sale by all real estate agents are listed and you can choose the agent you want and he/she will have access to all property detailed in the MLS.
I have not seen the same kind of listings in Spain. Once I have found an agent that I feel comfortable using in Spain, does that agent have access to all property for sale, or do I have to contact each individual who has a house for sale?
the MLS is amazing, isn't it!!?

no, there's nothing like that in Spain at all - a vendor will put their house for sale with one or more agents - or maybe not with an agent at all

the agents here work for the vendor, not the purchaser - & the agents will only officially have access to those properties which have been 'given' to them by the vendors

some agents will help each other out - but that's between themselves

so yes, essentially you do have to contact individual agents/vendors
Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:05 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

In the boom years Viva estates set up something similar but I don't think they are around now.