Reload this Page >

Buying Property

Buying Property

Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Roy4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying Property

Hi All

My partner & I are thinking of buying a modest property in the Nerja area to use for weekends away & occasional long stays.
We would welcome any tips ie agents to use, solicitors, the legals, pitfalls etc.
We are researching ourselves but I know you can't beat experiances of people who have actually done it, we did live out in India a few years ago.

Any help would really be appreciated.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 8:05 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying Property

Originally Posted by Roy4
Hi All

My partner & I are thinking of buying a modest property in the Nerja area to use for weekends away & occasional long stays.
We would welcome any tips ie agents to use, solicitors, the legals, pitfalls etc.
We are researching ourselves but I know you can't beat experiances of people who have actually done it, we did live out in India a few years ago.

Any help would really be appreciated.
DO NOT use the solicitors recommended by the agents, find an independent one, buyers are in command at the moment, so make an offer, think in terms of 20% below asking price, I know of people who have had to sell very low. I even heard of an agent who knew how desperate the owner was to seel the place had been discounted to 50,000, he told the owner the best offer he had had was for 22,000, owner was so desperate that it was accepted, buyer was the agent, who immediately put it back on the market for 50,000. Shop around different agents, unlike the UK, houses can be up with multiple agents, all with different valuations.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info, all noted.
Is there anybody in the Nerja area that could provide some local advice, ie a good lawer/agent etc to use.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:33 am
The Hillbilly's

IanandKathleen is a name known to allIanandKathleen is a name known to allIanandKathleen is a name known to allIanandKathleen is a name known to allIanandKathleen is a name known to allIanandKathleen is a name known to allIanandKathleen is a name known to allIanandKathleen is a name known to allIanandKathleen is a name known to allIanandKathleen is a name known to allIanandKathleen is a name known to all

Thanks for the info, all noted.
Is there anybody in the Nerja area that could provide some local advice, ie a good lawer/agent etc to use.
We used these guys to do our wills but they advertise a lot in the English press here and seam reasonable.

http://www.decottalaw.com/nerja-lawyers.php

The advice re offers is very good we know of people who have dropped the price to sell. Take your time in deciding where and what you wont to buy.

Regards
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:40 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a link to a local paper for Nerja, listing some of the (many) local agents.

http://www.soltalk.com/Monthly/The%20Guide/Guide.htm

For a lawyer I would recommend Sonia Sequero c/ Pintada 87-1
29780 Nerja 95252 3412
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IanandKathleen
We used these guys to do our wills but they advertise a lot in the English press here and seam reasonable.

http://www.decottalaw.com/nerja-lawyers.php

The advice re offers is very good we know of people who have dropped the price to sell. Take your time in deciding where and what you wont to buy.

Regards

One of the best pieces of advice I´ve seen on this subject is don´t even think of buying until you´ve rented in the area for a few months. It gives you a good base from which to check out the area and of course you can do your househunting without rushing.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Definitely don't buy until you have lived in the area. Rent a place for at least 6 months if not longer, a property will turn up but don't feel rushed into buying at the moment. You really need to research the place and get a feel for the local prices. Good luck.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Thanks everybody, really appreciated.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

pauldawn is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everybody, really appreciated.
WE HAVE JUST BOUGHT A HOUSE 10 MIN FROM MARTOS ,WE USED
MALAGA LAW TL +34679858508 they DO ALL THE WORK .
Old Jul 30th 2009, 8:06 am
Just Joined

ineedu2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pauldawn
WE HAVE JUST BOUGHT A HOUSE 10 MIN FROM MARTOS ,WE USED
MALAGA LAW TL +34679858508 they DO ALL THE WORK .
Strange how you are able to list an estate agent and the moderator listed a Lawyer but when I listed an estate agent for you it was withdrawn.
Strange that.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 8:31 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ineedu2
Strange how you are able to list an estate agent and the moderator listed a Lawyer but when I listed an estate agent for you it was withdrawn.
Strange that.
Read what he wrote on your post for clarification. ;-)
Old Jul 30th 2009, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
Read what he wrote on your post for clarification. ;-)
Thank you so much for your help as I am clearly so thick that I can't understand.
What I said was that I recommended an estate agent and the comment was removed. Then the moderator went on to recommend a lawyer!!!!!!!!!
Ha what a joke this site is.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:34 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ineedu2
Thank you so much for your help as I am clearly so thick that I can't understand.
What I said was that I recommended an estate agent and the comment was removed. Then the moderator went on to recommend a lawyer!!!!!!!!!
Ha what a joke this site is.
Did you read the rules (9) of the site when you joined ?

Well as it was your first post you may of been the estate agent touting for work, especially if it was not even in the area.

One of the best sites , you need to chill out and get acclimatised before jumping in, otherwise you could get burned. lol
Old Jul 30th 2009, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
Did you read the rules (9) of the site when you joined ?

Well as it was your first post you may of been the estate agent touting for work, especially if it was not even in the area.

One of the best sites , you need to chill out and get acclimatised before jumping in, otherwise you could get burned. lol
Yeh read the rules and no I'm not an estate agent.
You seem to have missed the point too.
Not much point in explaining again that when someone askes for specific information and someone gives it it shouldn't be taken off by a moderator only to leave his own specific details of a layer! It may have been his brother!
Thats alright though I suppose.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

pauldawn is an unknown quantity at this point

hi hope info we gave was ok ,e.mail me and i will help you the best way i can
w live in norheast uk and we have done what you want to do .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.