Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

BUYING A PLACE IN PLAYA FLAMENCA, ANY ADVICE PLEASE?

BUYING A PLACE IN PLAYA FLAMENCA, ANY ADVICE PLEASE?

Old Nov 24th 2014, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

gyork0206 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BUYING A PLACE IN PLAYA FLAMENCA, ANY ADVICE PLEASE?

Thanks, Costa Blanca South is just one of the many places we have been looking at, so thanks for information in advance
Old Nov 24th 2014, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gyork. I've just PM'd you with my views. Did not have time last night. keithBT
Old Nov 30th 2014, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

gill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT
What makes you choose Playa Flamenca ??? It was nice back in 1999/2000 but its all a bit tacky now. Some of the apartment blocks are looking a bit tired and the concentration of ex pats is too high IMO. Yes, la Zenia beach is nice and Pilar de horadada also. If you must buy there I would recommend PSB - Professional services bureau in the centre of Torrevieja. If he's still there Moises Juberias is a great lawyer, but he may be retired by now. I think there are lots of nicer areas of spain. Thats one reason why we sold up there before the crash. I will Pm you if you want info on other costas.

I would also like to recommend Moises, I have been with him for 12 years and he saved the day for my son upon his purchase when the other vendors lawyer was incorrect and although it took 5 hours at the notary Moises managed to get it sorted.
Old Dec 1st 2014, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello gill556. I'm 62 and i was sure that Moises was a bit older than me. He saved me a fortune financially by taking his advise. IMO he's a star - a very clever guy. IS he still at PSB and still working? The last time we saw him was when we sold up in Dec 2004. He had just treated himself to a new BMW x5 at the time. We found he was very thorough with OUR interests his primary concern.
I am surprised he is still working.
Old Dec 1st 2014, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

gill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I haven't had contact with him since 2010 so he was still there then. I kept saying to him 'Thank God you are here Moises' i won't go in to the saga of the completion on the house my son was buying but he had to get the bank manager to come many kms to sort out the finances, the contracts had to be re-written, my son still had to let the vendors stay in the house after completion because their solicitor had made such a mess of everything. The vendors were unable to complete on the house they were buying and those poor people were unable to leave on the ferry with their dogs that night invalidating the injections the dogs needed to travel. Most of this was bad advice from the other solicitor who had advised his clients that they didn't need to become fiscal resident because they didn't have enough income but initially declared to the notary that they were residents. Hope this is a lesson to people who don't think it necessary to register for taxes even if they don't actually have to pay any.