Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

buying new car in spain

buying new car in spain

Old Sep 19th 2016, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

alan Deakin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default buying new car in spain

hi am trying to buy a new car in spain from Toyota dealer in Alicante.
He has my NIE number he has my house rental contract and certificate of residence(Alicante) I am now being told that I am not discharged in Agencia Tributaria and can not register the new car, we need to go to Agencia Tributaria, address Plaza de la Montañeta in Alicante to register.

Any idea what this ?

I just want to buy a car!
Old Sep 19th 2016, 2:42 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: buying new car in spain

Originally Posted by alan Deakin
He has my NIE number he has my house rental contract and certificate of residence(Alicante) I am now being told that I am not discharged in Agencia Tributaria and can not register the new car, we need to go to Agencia Tributaria, address Plaza de la Montañeta in Alicante to register.

Any idea what this ?

But, having a property here, you should be paying tax (at some point). Consequently, you should be registered with the tax office.

Any financial transaction like this has a tax implication - in this case, IVA (VAT).

Simply register and you're done. Your gestor can do this quite simply for you.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 3:34 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Any idea what this ?

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 19th 2016, 8:21 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Things may have changed since I bought my new car from Audi in Alicante.

All I did was provide the dealer with my NIE and a copy of the padron from the town hall. The dealer did everything for me.
Old Sep 20th 2016, 3:42 am
Just Joined

all this was passed to the dealer when he tried to register the car I got the message
"is not discharged in Tax Agency and can not register the car, you need to go to Tax Agency, address Plaza de la Montañeta in Alicante to register"
I rent house in spain and am being paid in Spain working for a private school , they have taken tax off me already
Old Sep 20th 2016, 5:53 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

.... then it sounds like a simple mistake that can be quickly fixed (if indeed you are registered for tax and your employer is not making that up).
Old Sep 20th 2016, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

all this was passed to the dealer when he tried to register the car I got the message
"is not discharged in Tax Agency and can not register the car, you need to go to Tax Agency, address Plaza de la Montañeta in Alicante to register"
I rent house in spain and am being paid in Spain working for a private school , they have taken tax off me already
When did you do your last tax declaration ? June this year ?
Old Sep 20th 2016, 10:13 am
Just Joined

just arrived had first pay and tax was taken
Old Sep 20th 2016, 10:35 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola
From memory, the law was changed about 2006 to allow non-resident people with holiday homes here to buy a car to keep here. Therefore no involvement by tax man as you would quite rightly be tax resident in another country.

Might I suggest you ring the British Consulate

Davexf
Old Sep 20th 2016, 11:37 am
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola
From memory, the law was changed about 2006 to allow non-resident people with holiday homes here to buy a car to keep here. Therefore no involvement by tax man as you would quite rightly be tax resident in another country.

Might I suggest you ring the British Consulate

Davexf
Hmmm... As a (holiday) home owner, they still have to pay tax here via modulo 210 surely?
Old Sep 20th 2016, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Hmmm... As a (holiday) home owner, they still have to pay tax here via modulo 210 surely?
Yes, there is an imputed value to the ownership and tax has to be paid, not a significant amount but definitely payable but this guy is renting
Old Sep 20th 2016, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

I have no problem paying the tax
the problem is actually getting in the system to allow the car dealer to pay it
I will visit the tax man with all my paperwork
Old Sep 20th 2016, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

One other thought :
The sale of a car involves the tax "Impuesto de Matriculación", ( the Registration Tax ) which must be paid to the local tax office . Is it the case that the dealer has not included this in the purchase price and is expecting you to pay it ?
Old Sep 20th 2016, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

yes , this is the tax I cannot pay because the system says I do not exist
Old Sep 20th 2016, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

car dealer is up front and fair about everything just cannot register car in my name

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.