Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Buying A commercial vechile in spain with UK limited company

Buying A commercial vechile in spain with UK limited company

Old Apr 14th 2014, 10:04 am
Just Joined

andywilo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying A commercial vechile in spain with UK limited company

HI There, I was wondering if any body has experience in purchasing a Spanish commercial vehicle with a UK registered limited company, and any rules pitfalls surrounding this if at all possible, more importantly offsetting the payments and VAT against the UK company ,,many thanks in advance Andy..
Old Apr 14th 2014, 3:25 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying A commercial vechile in spain with UK limited company

To register any vehicle in your name or a company name you would need a Spanish fiscal number in your case your N.I.E. and in the case of a company a C.I.F.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
To register any vehicle in your name or a company name you would need a Spanish fiscal number in your case your N.I.E. and in the case of a company a C.I.F.
I have a NIE, I own and run a Spanish car , it was more that I wanted to buy a car using my UK limited company, and ensure I could offett some off the costs against my UK limited company , if that makes sense ?
Old Apr 14th 2014, 3:50 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

But you cannot register it in the (UK)company name as the UK company does not have a C.I.F.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

But you cannot register it in the (UK)company name as the UK company does not have a C.I.F.
ahh okay thank you, is there any way round this, could I get a uk company a CIF , or would I be able to claim the IVA back via my UK company ? as we are all in the E.U ,,
I know its a bit of a long shot, but thanks for your advice
Old Apr 14th 2014, 5:01 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

UK companies can have CIF numbers but, I seem to recall, they have to have an office in Spain. [or maybe old age has kicked in again and I've simply imagined this]

I personally think it's going to be very hard to do - may not be worth the effort.

Are you autonomo in Spain? Does anyone know if the OP should be?
Old Apr 14th 2014, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snikpoh
UK companies can have CIF numbers but, I seem to recall, they have to have an office in Spain. [or maybe old age has kicked in again and I've simply imagined this]

I personally think it's going to be very hard to do - may not be worth the effort.

Are you autonomo in Spain? Does anyone know if the OP should be?
Thanks for your input, I'm toying with the idea at the moment, maybe its too complicated, I thought id throw the idea about and hopefully some one may have done this, and could put me on the right track, I darn't ask my accountant yet
Old Apr 14th 2014, 6:30 pm

I purposely avoided giving answers about the UK side of this as I run a Spanish SL so I have not got a clue how it would sit with the British tax man.
I have toyed with adding the vehicle to "the books" here. But it was there was some hoops I had to jump through and in the end the car remains registered privately.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

I purposely avoided giving answers about the UK side of this as I run a Spanish SL so I have not got a clue how it would sit with the British tax man.
I have toyed with adding the vehicle to "the books" here. But it was there was some hoops I had to jump through and in the end the car remains registered privately.
Thanks for that, I think I will sit on the idea until i find out exactly where i stand with the UK Tax man, next time I'm in Spain i may chase this up with a professional, if nothing more than to settle my curiosity