Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:18 am
Just Joined

elizabeth25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Business in Spain

Good Morning Everyone

Advice needed -

We are hoping to move to Spain either Asturias or North East areas
We would like to buy a business
(not bar, restaurant, hotel, cafe etc!!)
an ideas where we could look for businesses for sale apart from Chamber of Commerce?

Any advice would be very welcome
Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business in Spain

Originally Posted by elizabeth25
Good Morning Everyone

Advice needed -

an ideas where we could look for businesses for sale apart from Chamber of Commerce?

segundamano.com

They have a negocios y traspasos section. You'll find most are those ones you are avoiding though! If you find a way of making money in Asturias, do let me know
Old Sep 17th 2010, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Good Morning Everyone

Advice needed -

Live here at least 3 months before you buy anything!!! House or business ,Also work at the proposed business site, even if its for free, then you will get a feel for if its worth it.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

freeform25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Agree on all the above.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

freeform25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Also check RTA, the are big business agent in Europe.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

doctorfeelgood is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Morning Everyone

Advice needed -

I know many resources where you can buy businesses all over Spain that are direct from the Seller, no Agents whatsoever. The businesses are also checked by Accountants and lawyers to make sure everything is legal. If you let me know what sort of business you are looking for i will be more than happy to assist you. No charge as i am not an agent either!
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

elizabeth25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by doctorfeelgood
I know many resources where you can buy businesses all over Spain that are direct from the Seller, no Agents whatsoever. The businesses are also checked by Accountants and lawyers to make sure everything is legal. If you let me know what sort of business you are looking for i will be more than happy to assist you. No charge as i am not an agent either!
thank you all for your advice
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

thank you all for your advice
You are more than welcome and please contact me at anytime and i will assist wherever i can. I have been living out here in Spain long enough to of heard of the horror stories that could of easily been avoided if only people knew where to go to get good legal and honest advice that is why i help as many people as i can.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Nosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really nice

At the risk of being very wrong (I probably am) please be wary as well of individuals wanting to help you. I debated whether to make a comment but I decided to. I don't know who Dr Feelgood is, he/she is a new member who hasn't posted on here before. They might be legit but they might have seen you as a business opportunity. It is not a good time to be opening a business here, if a business is profitable then why would someone be selling. I have heard that accounts are often embelleshed.
As previous posters said, be careful

Nicky
Old Sep 24th 2010, 11:34 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, noticed the newbie full of advice, some karma for that. I wonder if they have advice why not put it on for the whole forum to read Someone else fishing for business!
Old Sep 24th 2010, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nosherlot
At the risk of being very wrong (I probably am) please be wary as well of individuals wanting to help you. I debated whether to make a comment but I decided to. I don't know who Dr Feelgood is, he/she is a new member who hasn't posted on here before. They might be legit but they might have seen you as a business opportunity. It is not a good time to be opening a business here, if a business is profitable then why would someone be selling. I have heard that accounts are often embelleshed.
As previous posters said, be careful

Nicky
Isn't it sad that society now is so negative. I have only just come across this forum site that is why i have just started posting. I used to be a lawyer in the UK and i decided to come to Spain for the weather and culture. What surprises me is so many people come to Spain and part with their hard earned cash without checking out the agents. I have helped so many people who i did not know to get back some if not all of their money. I believe that if we all had a negative attitude and did not offer our expertise to others what a sad sad world we would all be living in. The Law of Attraction works all the time!
Old Sep 24th 2010, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Business in Spain

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I agree, noticed the newbie full of advice, some karma for that. I wonder if they have advice why not put it on for the whole forum to read Someone else fishing for business!
No i am not fishing for business, my business involves Tax and only for the higher earners that work in the Oil Industry. I am new to this forum site and i am still finding my way around it. I would be happy to list advice on the whole forum site for a particular project....what do you want to see?
Like i have previously posted, why all this negativity, i have not tried to sell anything to anyone, i do not intend to sell anything to anyone, all i have done is gave some advice that i thought might help someone, and for that i am being accused of all sorts......very sad indeed. But i intend to carry on and offer any help, advice to anyone who needs it....including you!
Old Sep 24th 2010, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by doctorfeelgood
Isn't it sad that society now is so negative. I have only just come across this forum site that is why i have just started posting. I used to be a lawyer in the UK and i decided to come to Spain for the weather and culture. What surprises me is so many people come to Spain and part with their hard earned cash without checking out the agents. I have helped so many people who i did not know to get back some if not all of their money. I believe that if we all had a negative attitude and did not offer our expertise to others what a sad sad world we would all be living in. The Law of Attraction works all the time!
By the way Nicky, i am female and if you looked at my profile you would of seen that....see what happens when you dont research?
Old Sep 24th 2010, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Nosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really nice

Well, if you have helped so many, for whom it has gone wrong, you must surely agree with the general advice of 'be careful'.

If I have misjudged you, I appologise, I did say that I didn't know you and may be wrong. The questioner wanted advice, and that was mine.... equally as valid as yours. Quite why knowing your sex would make any difference I don't know.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nosherlot
Well, if you have helped so many, for whom it has gone wrong, you must surely agree with the general advice of 'be careful'.

If I have misjudged you, I appologise, I did say that I didn't know you and may be wrong. The questioner wanted advice, and that was mine.... equally as valid as yours. Quite why knowing your sex would make any difference I don't know.
Yes i do agree with the advice of being 'Careful' but only in certain circumstances. I do not think that i should be judge as i have not posted anything that may of given reason to the postings that have been made.

You had stated that you did not know if i was a he or she, and what i meant by this is how important it is to research and get facts right first, as in buying a property or business or anything else that makes you part with your money, researching can save you a fortune.

How is the farm going? have you bought it yet? have you got your licences for farm animals? Should you need any advice just ask. Have a lovely day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.