Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bush Fire in Marbella area

Bush Fire in Marbella area

Old Jun 12th 2005, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bush Fire in Marbella area

Anyone been affected by the bush fire from Ojen to Marbella. I could see the flames from my house. Makes you realise to keep your garden very tidy and grass short.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 3:56 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bush Fire in Marbella area

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Anyone been affected by the bush fire from Ojen to Marbella. I could see the flames from my house. Makes you realise to keep your garden very tidy and grass short.
Not affected me, but i know what you mean, we were working in Mijas last year when there was a bad one.
It was really scary wondering when it was going to stop spreading.
The planes and heli`s were flying over and water bombing it, the noise was scary.
I always remember the pratt on the radio saying " oh there must be a bonfire somewhere, the planes are picking up water " almost making a joke out of it little did he know how bad it really was.
Like you say keep all the dead stuff clear