Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Bullet Train will soon be near YOU.

The Bullet Train will soon be near YOU.

Old May 2nd 2009, 4:13 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default The Bullet Train will soon be near YOU.

Click on the Blue, Red, and green, To see its planned progress.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1240...%3Dinteractive

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1240...Tabs%3Darticle
Old May 2nd 2009, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Bullet Train will soon be near YOU.

Burning the midnight oil eh?

But the links don't work, I am afraid.
Old May 2nd 2009, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

The Bullet Train will soon be near YOU
I don't need to click on any links - I know it will never be anywhere near me. There isn't a station witnin 60km, so railways basically don't exist in this part of Spain.
Old May 2nd 2009, 7:02 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigglesworth

The first link works fine for me but the second is no longer available
Old May 2nd 2009, 8:16 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
The first link works fine for me but the second is no longer available
The second works for me, but not the first
Old May 2nd 2009, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know how old the map is that is shown, but the Valencia bit isn't even shown as proposed, and it's not far off completion!
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Don't know how old the map is that is shown, but the Valencia bit isn't even shown as proposed, and it's not far off completion!
It looks as though it was designed in the past month. There are 3 maps. Present, Under Construction and Future. Very clear and well produced.
Perhaps you are looking at the wrong web page.
The future fast rail system is awesome. In case anyone missed it, this is the map produced by Wall Street journal:
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nige
It looks as though it was designed in the past month. There are 3 maps. Present, Under Construction and Future. Very clear and well produced.
Perhaps you are looking at the wrong web page.
Thank you for that, I couldn't see that one!
Old May 2nd 2009, 3:18 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Both links work for me. ;-))

They put a new bridge in for it at Fuengirola a couple of years ago, but someone has built Banana Beach apartments in Marbella where the station was supposed to go. ;-((
Old May 2nd 2009, 5:25 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

It is quite strange that the AVE line between Santiago and Ourense in Galicia is being built. But the section between Ourense and Madrid has not even finished the planning stages. The last incumbent of President de Galicia allowed a plan for slower trains to use the same lines as the AVE. The now president is going to reverse that description.
Some of the proposed lines are 10s of years or more away from being designed. They want to construct new lines here in Galicia through some beautiful countryside. The local environmental activists are rightly trying to stop this.
Old May 2nd 2009, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the links, poshnbucks.
It ties in with proposals for this area of SW Spain, here:
http://www.ayamonte.org/modules/news...p?storyid=1118
I've read of further talks regarding the AVE from Seville to Lisbon (via the Andevalo?) It's not outlined in green as a future plan on the interactive map, however; there is controversy regarding the route, I believe.

Carol
Old May 5th 2009, 2:48 am

Here is some interesting copy. I would ask you to look at the reader comments you train spotters out there re really useful facts. Vol 23. When I was a young boy I did have a couple of train spotting books but after a short spotting life I would rule out train numbers in the books that I had never seen and then it dawned on me an honest train spotter I will never be and duly retired my books and ruler to the rubbish bin together with a really trendy anorak.

http://www.ecogeek.org/content/view/2708/69/
Old May 5th 2009, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by bigglesworth

A potted history.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/Biggles266/biggles.html

I have rather a large collection of Biggles books from my prep school days, I don't know if you have read any of them here's a list. my other biggles books are know to all.Well us and W.E.Johns anyway.

# Biggles Goes Down (1940)
# Biggles' Cockpit Capers (1941)
# Biggles Brings Up the Rear (1942)
# Biggles Keeps his Hand in (1943)
# Biggles Flies Undone (1944)
# Biggles and the Big Bomb (1946)
# Biggles Comes Through (1948)
# Biggles Comes Again (1949)
# Biggles Steps Up To The Crease (1950)
# Biggles Comes Once More (1951)
# Biggles Holds his Own (1952)
# Biggles Plows Ahead (1953)
# Biggles: Operation Teabag (1954)
# Biggles Combs His Hair (1955)
# Biggles Flies a Plane (1956)
# Biggles Ups The Ante (1957)
# Biggles Bites The Pillow (1958)
# Biggles Sinks the Bismark (1958)
# Biggles Comes a Cropper (1959)
# Biggles Gets his Man (1960)
# Biggles Forces an Issue (1961)
# Biggles Sticks to his Wingman (1962)
# Biggles Takes It Rough (1963)

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 5th 2009 at 7:41 am.
Old May 5th 2009, 7:52 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
A potted history.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/Biggles266/biggles.html

I have rather a large collection of Biggles books from my prep school days, I don't know if you have read any of them here's a list. my other biggles books are know to all.Well us and W.E.Johns anyway.

# Biggles Goes Down (1940)
# Biggles' Cockpit Capers (1941)
# Biggles Brings Up the Rear (1942)
# Biggles Keeps his Hand in (1943)
# Biggles Flies Undone (1944)
# Biggles and the Big Bomb (1946)
# Biggles Comes Through (1948)
# Biggles Comes Again (1949)
# Biggles Steps Up To The Crease (1950)
# Biggles Comes Once More (1951)
# Biggles Holds his Own (1952)
# Biggles Plows Ahead (1953)
# Biggles: Operation Teabag (1954)
# Biggles Combs His Hair (1955)
# Biggles Flies a Plane (1956)
# Biggles Ups The Ante (1957)
# Biggles Bites The Pillow (1958)
# Biggles Sinks the Bismark (1958)
# Biggles Comes a Cropper (1959)
# Biggles Gets his Man (1960)
# Biggles Forces an Issue (1961)
# Biggles Sticks to his Wingman (1962)
# Biggles Takes It Rough (1963)
What no Biggles reads the Daily Mail?
Old May 5th 2009, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Why is it that I get a whiff of Frankie Howard meets Michael Barrymore meets that bloke on telly Graham Norton when I read those titles?
Cockpit Capers - Brings Up the Rear - Keeps his Hand in - Flies Undone -Comes Again - Comes Once More -Gets his Man - Takes It Rough

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.