Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Building works in Pego

Building works in Pego

Old Jan 23rd 2023, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Brighton67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Building works in Pego

Hi - I'm about to buy a house in Pego which will require a general update (new electrics, bathrooms, kitchen etc) but the biggest job will be a new roof. Does anybody know of a general building firm or a project manager/architect that they could recommend? My Spanish is basic so somebody with a working knowledge of English would help although not essential as my wife is spanish (but its going to be "my" project). They would have to be pretty local as there is so much building work out there the ones that I have previously been recommended will not now travel for work which is more than an easy drive away. Thanks
Old Jan 23rd 2023, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Building works in Pego

I have used this guy for work that I needed doing in town.
I don't know how competitive his fees are, but the work was done quickly and professionally and satisfied the council.
https://www.r22arquitectes.com/

I know a good local builder too and if you are interested I can arrange an introduction.
Old Jan 23rd 2023, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Thanks - thats very helpful. I had done some googling and sent an email to another architect who has an office in Pego (New Home Project - Jorge Gomez) but he has not replied yet. I'll get in touch with the one you have set out (I looked at their website and their projects seemed to be quite detailed and so I just assumed that they would be too expensive for me). A recommended good local builder would also be great so yes please, I would welcome an introduction. Just need to do the final haggling over the price and straighten out some legal/technical issues but hopefully I will be buying in the next week or two.
Old Jan 23rd 2023, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

I've sent you a message
Old Jan 23rd 2023, 2:24 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Just make sure that YOU get the required licence (in this case mayor). Don't leave it to the builder (although they may assist) as it is your responsibility
Old Jan 13th 2024, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

saintford is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey! I’m just in the process of buying a townhouse also in Pego, I’m currently based in London, it would be great if we could connect if you’ve managed to find a good builder as we’re having a little bit of a struggle to find one. Advice, names, or numbers would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 15th 2024, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

Sorry but I'm probably the worst person to ask. I did find builders but they have proved to be absolutely terrible; totally dishonest and the little work they did over the last 9 months has been substandard. But they were absolutely charming when they lured me in and the initial work was great ....and then I paid them the first large lump sum. Fired them a couple of weeks ago and I am starting legal proceedings and then going to the police as they are scammers. They have taken a large amount of money from me and spent it on personal items such as cars, gym equipment (and even sending one child to a private school). Avoid builders called Jan Barjan and Lukas Gavalec. I will let you know if I do find anybody decent but I'm taking a rest from this at the moment because its proved to be very exhausting and I'm spending my time getting everything together for the lawyers/police.
Old Jan 16th 2024, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

That was my worst nightmare when we had builders. Running off with the money. I used a builder from the UK who was living locally to do the initial work of stabilising the house and even though he did a very good job, there were always so many extras costs we never authorised until we were met with a fait accompli and a number of other problems that we told him at the end of the first phase to not come back. He then took a substantial deposit off someone else and disappeared.
Mind you, a pair of Spanish brothers in the village set on a local builder to do their work and he ran off as well.