Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Building in Spain - around Ayamonte

Building in Spain - around Ayamonte

Old May 2nd 2011, 11:34 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Building in Spain - around Ayamonte

Does anyone have any information about building in or around the Ayamonte area of Spain please - or could you direct me to some information - I believe over on the Oliva side of Spain you have to have at least 10000 sq mtrs of land - does anyone have any clue how much you need on this side ?????
Thanks in advance
Sam xxxxx
Old May 2nd 2011, 1:05 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Building in Spain - around Ayamonte

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Does anyone have any information about building in or around the Ayamonte area of Spain please - or could you direct me to some information - I believe over on the Oliva side of Spain you have to have at least 10000 sq mtrs of land - does anyone have any clue how much you need on this side ?????
Thanks in advance
Sam xxxxx
Oliva, 10,000 sq mtrs? Not sure about that, as there are plenty of houses built on far less than that
Old May 2nd 2011, 1:06 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Oliva, 10,000 sq mtrs? Not sure about that, as there are plenty of houses built on far less than that
Sorry chuck - was just going off what the ex lodger said xxxxx
Old May 2nd 2011, 1:07 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry chuck - was just going off what the ex lodger said xxxxx
Oh ... well ... what can I say
Old May 2nd 2011, 1:53 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on the classification of the land under the Ley del Suelo. For "rustic" land the minimum plot size is 10000m2 (5000m2 in Murcia, I believe). The Ayuntamiento will provide a Cedula Urbanistica to confirm the land classification if you need, detailing what, if anything, can be built, what size etc.
Old May 2nd 2011, 1:57 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

A few years back it was 4000 m2 in the Ayamonte area, in case of "rustic" land. Plots on Esuri are about 1000 m2 and you´re allowed to built a 180 m2 house, but obviously that´s "urban".
Old May 2nd 2011, 2:01 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
It depends on the classification of the land under the Ley del Suelo. For "rustic" land the minimum plot size is 10000m2 (5000m2 in Murcia, I believe). The Ayuntamiento will provide a Cedula Urbanistica to confirm the land classification if you need, detailing what, if anything, can be built, what size etc.
In the Valencian region (I believe) you need to have 10000m2 before you can build anything. You can then only build up to 200m2 of property. If you have less than 10000m2, you can't even start the process.

Mitzy; you are correct that some (rustic) properties on rural land have less than this but that be for one of two (or more) reasons - 1) it is illegal or 2) it was built before that particular rule.

As I understand it, you need 30000m2 in Andalucia and this may also apply to Murcia (not sure on this though).

Obviously, all other building rules need to be adhered to as well. If there are already existing properties on the land, then the 2% rule (200 on 10000) still applies and these existing properties can be extended to that figure.
Old May 2nd 2011, 2:36 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance
Sam xxxxx
Since you are talking about large plots I assume you mean building in the Campo - ie not on urban land.

Urban plots can be as small as the local plan allows - 250m2 is a small one.

In Andalucia the planning laws changed in 2002 and building on non urban land was restricted to plots over 30000m2 and even then, it was only allowed if the land was used for agricultural purposes and the owner duly registered as such.

As a result very few (legal) houses have been built since then.

The law still allows renovation but only where the building still has a roof - rebuilding "ruins" (often a pile of old bricks and stones) is no longer possible. Also the footprint of the building being reformed must adhere to the original footprint.
Old May 2nd 2011, 3:12 pm
Happy in my bubble

Thanks everyone - we are looking to build on a piece of land and run a business from it as well xxxxx
Old May 2nd 2011, 11:17 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Mitzy; you are correct that some (rustic) properties on rural land have less than this but that be for one of two (or more) reasons - 1) it is illegal or 2) it was built before that particular rule.
I'm not sure if / when the rules changed here ... All I know is that from (and before) 2004 right up to 2009 properties were being built here .... Legally ..... on as little as 800 mtr land plots
Old May 3rd 2011, 4:35 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Taking the town of Catral in the Alicante province as an example, they 'allowed' 3,000 houses to be built on plots of less than 10,000 metres, which were expected to be legalised at a later stage by payment of a smallish fine - as had always happened.

But the regional government in Valencia refused and they now have 3,000 illegal houses. I think that scenario is repeated all over Spain, especially in Andalucia.
Old May 3rd 2011, 5:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Building in Spain - around Ayamonte

Here on Costa Esuri Small developers are allowed to buy 2 plots and divide up the land into 3 plots. From memory the smallest individual plots were about 800 sq m. If you do 3 for 2 the minimum planning guideline is then (I think) 580 sq m. This is of course within the boundaries of the Urbanisation further out into the Campo I am sure different rules apply but I don't know what they might allow. Micheal H would be the man to ask he knows it all.
Old May 3rd 2011, 6:21 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if / when the rules changed here ... All I know is that from (and before) 2004 right up to 2009 properties were being built here .... Legally ..... on as little as 800 mtr land plots
It's no problem if they are on land classified as urban in the current PGOU.

It's rustic land where the problems occur.The change in the law in Andalucia in 2002 mainly affected rustic land.
Old May 3rd 2011, 8:27 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by HBG
Taking the town of Catral in the Alicante province as an example, they 'allowed' 3,000 houses to be built on plots of less than 10,000 metres, which were expected to be legalised at a later stage by payment of a smallish fine - as had always happened.

But the regional government in Valencia refused and they now have 3,000 illegal houses. I think that scenario is repeated all over Spain, especially in Andalucia.
It was they way it was always done. The house was built and then they went to get planning permission afterwards. It happened around these areas as well. Trouble was that suddenly the town hall started doing it properly, and of course that caused just a few problems. Seems from what I have seen that some buildings were approved after the fact. I havent heard of any around here that weren't eventually, although it was probably a lengthy process
Old May 3rd 2011, 8:55 am

It was they way it was always done. The house was built and then they went to get planning permission afterwards.
It worked because the houses were built according to the existing planning rules. Rather than wait months for approval you just went ahead and gor permission later with a small fine.

The Ayuntamientos were happy to get more money this way.

The problems arise when the house is built outside the planning regs or on unsuitable/unapproved land.

Marbella was a good example. Loads of houses were approved under the "new" PGOU and built but when the roof fell in the new PGOU was not approved so they were all declared illegal.