Reload this Page >

Building in Spain

Building in Spain

Old Oct 23rd 2013, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Joshua Whale is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Building in Spain

Hi all ...

I've just started working for a construction management company based in Seville that does work across the south of Spain.

The owner of the company speaks exceptional English, and I feel the company is missing out on using this skill to gain potential English speaking clients that want to move to Spain and build a new property or simply those that just want partial work on their current properties.

What I want to know is, where do people first look for a company of this kind to manage their property being built or maintained.

Any ideas and experiences that you can share would be much appreciated.

I am working for the company on a European placement scheme until December to develop a new marketing plan for the company as the owner wants to expand the services that the company can offer.

Kind regards

Joshua Whale
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Building in Spain

Originally Posted by Joshua Whale
Hi Joshua , if you read this forum I think you will find that what concerns most people is the legallity of the work / build plus of course quality and price

The legallity is or should be a major concern to your company and it's clients.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 2:36 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all ...

I've just started working for a construction management company based in Seville that does work across the south of Spain.

The owner of the company speaks exceptional English, and I feel the company is missing out on using this skill to gain potential English speaking clients that want to move to Spain and build a new property or simply those that just want partial work on their current properties.

What I want to know is, where do people first look for a company of this kind to manage their property being built or maintained.

I am working for the company on a European placement scheme until December to develop a new marketing plan for the company as the owner wants to expand the services that the company can offer.

Kind regards

Joshua Whale
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 24th 2013, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for getting the replies...

The company I'm working for is really interested in overseeing the whole process of people wanting to build a property in the South of Spain.

Helping them through the processes of:
1) Buying a plot
2) Implementing the project work
3) Implementing the construction work

I really need to know where British people first go to get advice on building in Spain, so I can market the services that my company wants to offer.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 1:33 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for getting the replies...

The company I'm working for is really interested in overseeing the whole process of people wanting to build a property in the South of Spain.

Helping them through the processes of:
1) Buying a plot
2) Implementing the project work
3) Implementing the construction work

I really need to know where British people first go to get advice on building in Spain, so I can market the services that my company wants to offer.
Where did I go and where I would go in the future - a LOCAL Spanish architect and a local Spanish builder.
Old Oct 25th 2013, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Where did I go and where I would go in the future - a LOCAL Spanish architect and a local Spanish builder.
Thanks for your experiences...

Would you have not been interested in a construction management company selecting an architect and builder for you?

Or do you see this as unnecessary, and why?

Regards
Old Oct 25th 2013, 5:31 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your experiences...

Would you have not been interested in a construction management company selecting an architect and builder for you?

Or do you see this as unnecessary, and why?

Regards
With so many illegal builds, and with the poor buyer being the only one in the longline of "experts" who "help" with the building/buying process, trust in "experts" is at an all time low.

Most are seen as conmen and shysters buy the housebuying public.

You seem to want to add another "layer" to the buying process, as the same corrupt and incompetent officals will have to be involved.

Can you blame them?