Builders

Old Jan 31st 2019, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Malaga davey dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Builders

Hi folks
I have just bought a house in Malaga central and need a local builder, I have two options either reform or demolish and rebuild my question is how easy is it to get the permits done? And how easy is it to get good builders in Malaga.
I am a builder myself with over 40 years in the game so I know what to do on site but getting around Spanish laws is something else. Is it possible to get a local Architect and engineer to do the paper work with planning permission and I get my own trades?
Does anyone have any advice.
Thanks
Old Jan 31st 2019, 12:52 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Builders

Originally Posted by Malaga davey dave
Hi folks
I have just bought a house in Malaga central and need a local builder, I have two options either reform or demolish and rebuild my question is how easy is it to get the permits done? And how easy is it to get good builders in Malaga.
I am a builder myself with over 40 years in the game so I know what to do on site but getting around Spanish laws is something else. Is it possible to get a local Architect and engineer to do the paper work with planning permission and I get my own trades?
Does anyone have any advice.
Thanks
The normal process is first to engage a good architect. They will then draw up the required plans and documents for submission to the town hall. You will need to have quotes for the work as the licence request requires them. Again your architect can assist.

The licence details WHO is doing the work so be careful here and don't get a quote from someone else and then do it yourself.
Old Jan 31st 2019, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info, if the local architect and builder do the shell and roof is it possible for me to finish off all the interiors ?
Old Jan 31st 2019, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute

If doing your own work dont work over the siesta!. A foreign chap has been doing that in my street and has unearthed the wrath of God!! It's actually illegal
Old Jan 31st 2019, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Wow that's insane I'd rather work through then relax but when in Rome.
Old Jan 31st 2019, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute

Wait til you get to August then you might change your mind !!
Old Jan 31st 2019, 4:02 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malaga davey dave
Thanks for the info, if the local architect and builder do the shell and roof is it possible for me to finish off all the interiors ?
All works must be quoted for as the licence fee is based on a percentage of the cost. The quote MUST come from a known builder (with CIF/NIF) and can't come from yourself. I know because I wanted to do some of the work myself and was given these answers.