Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Buggy Rental...advice please

Buggy Rental...advice please

Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:28 am
Just Joined

panders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buggy Rental...advice please

Hello, I have just joined this morning....

My husband bought a buggy rental business in Benalmadena, we were not sure of the location before we visited, and found it to be at a hotel with no passing trade.

He wants to relocate this to a busier area and I wondered if anyone could assist on recommending an area between Marbella and Benalmadena that would be suitable for this kind of thing.

Thanks Amanda
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buggy Rental...advice please

Originally Posted by panders
Hello, I have just joined this morning....

My husband bought a buggy rental business in Benalmadena, we were not sure of the location before we visited, and found it to be at a hotel with no passing trade.

He wants to relocate this to a busier area and I wondered if anyone could assist on recommending an area between Marbella and Benalmadena that would be suitable for this kind of thing.

Thanks Amanda
Whats a buggy?
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Buggy Rental...advice please

..a fun vehicle that two people can go in, there are some companies doing what they call buggy safaris, with trips through tracks though water etc...he was thinking of doing more just scenic trips, and also so people could take them out on their own. A more fun way of seeing the area...

Does that help??
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

..a fun vehicle that two people can go in, there are some companies doing what they call buggy safaris, with trips through tracks though water etc...he was thinking of doing more just scenic trips, and also so people could take them out on their own. A more fun way of seeing the area...

Does that help??
Not Really , Do they have an engine? do you need a license?

Better still post a foto
Old Sep 28th 2010, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Did you mean the driver?? If so yes, it goes on the road...

For operating them..yes also, and he has the licence....will find a photo ok!!
Old Sep 28th 2010, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Hi again, I have just got a new laptop and only used it this morning, so not equiped to send photos, but I have found a link of a similar kind of thing in Benidorm to give you and idea...

http://www.adventurecostablanca.com/...a-costa-blanca

Does this help??

They are 250cc
Old Sep 28th 2010, 10:35 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

So you mean a "Quad Bike".

Down here buggies are usually found on golf courses.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

When I read topic title I assumed it meant child buggys
Old Sep 28th 2010, 11:03 am
Just Joined

They are slightly different to quad bikes....I am calling them buggies as that

is what the operators in other locations are calling them.

It is rather confusing with golf and baby buggies available for hire I know...

If you look via the link you will see they do look rather different to quad bikes.

Amanda
Old Sep 28th 2010, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused about where you would do these trips.

The ones I've been on have been in the mountains, but you will need permission as they cause a lot of damage to the ground.

If you are planning the trips on the roads around the paseo maritmos on the CDS I think you'd have to be crazy. It wont be very pleasant and the rest of the traffic will hate you for holding them up
Old Sep 28th 2010, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Well firstly there is a licence we have to enable them to go on any public roads/areas, and they do go up to 70km per hour.

Basically my question was which resort would be a good one to put them, where you would expect passing trade??

Amanda
Old Sep 28th 2010, 4:22 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

If you look via the link you will see they do look rather different to quad bikes.
In the link you gave they call them Quad Bikes!
Old Sep 28th 2010, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

There is a place in Elviria that does buggy hire. A shop just by us behind Ricardo Soriano in Marbella has just opened that sells and rents them out too so not sure where your market could be.. perhaps inland a bit in Alhaurin or Coin but walk-in trade is going to be difficult no matter where you are

Re them being a pain to other road users they´re more than fast enough for the roads around here and certainly much quicker than those stupid moped powered "sin carnet" things that are everywhere.

A friend of mine has a PGO Bug Rider which is great fun and we tend to go out on the 100s of unmade roads behind Elviria and Calahonda.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:18 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
In the link you gave they call them Quad Bikes!
Actually, Fred, the link shows Quad Bikes AND Buggies - just follow the buggy link and all becomes clear

Try http://www.adventurecostablanca.com/...-costa-blanca/

Last edited by snikpoh; Sep 28th 2010 at 6:20 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Actually, Fred, the link shows Quad Bikes AND Buggies - just follow the buggy link and all becomes clear
Ah - now I can see the difference - it looks like fun to me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.