Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

BT telephone in spain?

BT telephone in spain?

Old Aug 12th 2006, 10:39 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of
Default BT telephone in spain?

morning to all. My daughter has bought me out to spain her old BT hands free telephone, will this be okay to use here in spain, would be handy if it does.
have used my old spanish phone connections and the bt phone is now on charge. thanks pat
Old Aug 12th 2006, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice
Default Re: BT telephone in spain?

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
morning to all. My daughter has bought me out to spain her old BT hands free telephone, will this be okay to use here in spain, would be handy if it does.
have used my old spanish phone connections and the bt phone is now on charge. thanks pat
There are differences in the wiring that might prevent the phone ringing, for example.

There's a section on foreign phones that will highlight the differences between the two systems (and how to approach it) at the bottom of this page.
http://www.wppltd.demon.co.uk/WPP/Wi...telephone.html

Yes, it's technical, but I've not gone into it in detail myself, so I can't provide an executive summary, I'm afraid. I think I picked this up at some point when I was figuring out why we were getting problems despite using adaptors.

Good luck.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Clive C is an unknown quantity at this point

I use 2 ex-UK telephones no problem. You will need a new cable available from lots of places, if you have an old modem cable use that. One end in the wall and the other into the phone.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 9:43 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Clive C
I use 2 ex-UK telephones no problem. You will need a new cable available from lots of places, if you have an old modem cable use that. One end in the wall and the other into the phone.
thanks to you both for advice ,will give it a go,patsy
Old Aug 13th 2006, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

This is an old thread but it covers the subject in some detail:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259034