BT in Spain

Old Dec 28th 2009, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default BT in Spain

Has anyone taken up this offer from BT? It sounds good in comparison to Telefonica.

* Description
* Pricing

BT Arrakis ADSL Broadband plus calls pricing
ADSL Broadband plus calls
Wifi Router Free
Shipping Free
ADSL + calls to Spanish landlines 25.90 €/month (*)
Optional 400 minutes of free calls to UK/Europe 6.90 €/month
Optional line rental 13.97 €/month
- Answerphone Included
- Call waiting Included
- Caller ID Included
- Waiting Caller ID Included
- Divert on busy Included

(*) If the contract is finished by the customer before the end of the contract period (18 months), the cancellation fee is 60€.
From month seven, ADSL + calls to Spanish landlines 36.90€/month, ADSL + Spanish landlines + 400 mins UK landlines 42.80€/month
Old Dec 28th 2009, 3:52 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BT in Spain

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Has anyone taken up this offer from BT? It sounds good in comparison to Telefonica.

* Description
* Pricing

BT Arrakis ADSL Broadband plus calls pricing
ADSL Broadband plus calls
Wifi Router Free
Shipping Free
ADSL + calls to Spanish landlines 25.90 €/month (*)
Optional 400 minutes of free calls to UK/Europe 6.90 €/month
Optional line rental 13.97 €/month
- Answerphone Included
- Call waiting Included
- Caller ID Included
- Waiting Caller ID Included
- Divert on busy Included

(*) If the contract is finished by the customer before the end of the contract period (18 months), the cancellation fee is 60€.
From month seven, ADSL + calls to Spanish landlines 36.90€/month, ADSL + Spanish landlines + 400 mins UK landlines 42.80€/month
This is roughly what we pay from telefonica at the moment. If you look at some of the deals that telefonica are offering, they are still competitive!!
Old Dec 28th 2009, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
This is roughly what we pay from telefonica at the moment. If you look at some of the deals that telefonica are offering, they are still competitive!!
But not for old customers.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 4:13 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

But not for old customers.
Yep - been with them for four years now and only changed to this new package some 4 months ago!

ADSL 1Mb, Plana nacional/Bono F-M 60 - 26.90

Line - 13.974

mini Europa-USA - 3.00

TOTAL = 43.90

I get free national calls, free mobiles (for a number of minutes - 60 I guess) and calls to UK etc. cost only 6 cents per minute

I was paying oodles moe than this 'till I relaized that I didn't need to
Old Dec 28th 2009, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Yep - been with them for four years now and only changed to this new package some 4 months ago!

ADSL 1Mb, Plana nacional/Bono F-M 60 - 26.90

Line - 13.974

mini Europa-USA - 3.00

TOTAL = 43.90

I get free national calls, free mobiles (for a number of minutes - 60 I guess) and calls to UK etc. cost only 6 cents per minute

I was paying oodles moe than this 'till I relaized that I didn't need to
How did you manage to change?
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:35 am
Retired and loving it!

How did you manage to change?
Two main ways I guess;

1) I was paying for a 3Mb tarifa - as I'm in the campo this would never be achieved. I pointed this out and insisted it was changed to reflect what service they could provide.

2) I threatened to leave telefonica.

Not sure if either really had much influence but they did eventually reduce my bill. The additionals, mobiles and international calls came from marketing calls.