Broadband in Spain

Broadband in Spain

Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Nacnud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Broadband in Spain

This sounds sweet:-

http://www.telefonicainenglish.com/adsl10.htm

Does anyone have this service? I bet it's limited to certain areas, probably not where I want to be although there is a basic service at the property I'm looking at.

I hear a lot of bad things about Telefonica. I need fast and reliable internet access so I need to make sure I get this right over there
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:49 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadband in Spain

Originally Posted by Nacnud

Does anyone have this service? I bet it's limited to certain areas, probably not where I want to be although there is a basic service at the property I'm looking at.

I hear a lot of bad things about Telefonica. I need fast and reliable internet access so I need to make sure I get this right over there
DO NOT USE TELEFONICA IN ENGLISH, THEY ARE NOTHING TO DO WITH TELEFONICA. Please contact Telefonica direct, they have several plans, and if you ring them you will be able to find someone who will spaek to you in English
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Nacnud is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeh I'd heard this before. Cheers.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

Entirely depends where you live. We´ve had excellent broadband service from Telefonica, better than we had with BT, but in the campo or new urbanisations where they get overloaded there are probs. I´ve known so many people fall in love with a house, buy it, and only later notice that there are no telephone poles nearby, so complain. Just don´t take telephone access for granted, make it a priority condition and don´t trust what the agent says, check up.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:07 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Read this previous thread HERE
Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

IntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura about

There's also a lot of WiMax wireless availability, depending on the location of course.

WiMax is a long-distance (up to 35km) WiFi service, officially known as 802.16.

It is being used to provide up to 70Mbps to rural areas where local telephone exchanges and copper wires can't support DSL.