Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

broadband in moraira

broadband in moraira

Old Jan 5th 2008, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

sortedtoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default broadband in moraira

I'd like to get broadband set up at our place in moraira. I think previous owners had this through telefonica.

I don't need a phone.

What options do I have and how much am i lilkely to pay for set up and monthly?

thank you
Old Jan 5th 2008, 3:40 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: broadband in moraira

Google Moraira Digital, they're (obviously) local to you
Old Jan 9th 2008, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of

Tellitec (I think) do a broadband system through a microwave antenna (squarial), speeds seem good from what I´ve heard. Cost is around €30 a month. They have an office at the European Centre and the sales guy there is English and surprisingly nice and straight as a die.
My experience of MD so far has been, er... interesting.

Ste.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

jeanmr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - we have just had a sort of broaband installed by telitec who are located in the European centre in Moraria We have a dish on the pole which supports the sky sat. dish, very small, and a cable/phone socket connection - not too dear and they fitted it in two days. We could have had wireless router for about 115 euros more, and 15 euros/month. we also have a phone with a cheap rate to dail home.
Originally Posted by sortedtoo
I'd like to get broadband set up at our place in moraira. I think previous owners had this through telefonica.

I don't need a phone.

thank you
Old Jan 9th 2008, 4:33 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Splatt
My experience of MD so far has been, er... interesting.

Ste.

Can you explain?
If they're cr@p then I'll stop mentioning them
Old Jan 18th 2008, 10:28 am
Just Joined

robert926 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sortedtoo

I don't need a phone.

thank you
You can check also Vodafone they offer 3G broadband with different pay options, contract and prepay. I use this for 6 month and it works very good with speeds of around 2.5 mb, setup is easy and the have good english speaking support
Old Jan 18th 2008, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of

Can you explain?
If they're cr@p then I'll stop mentioning them
I went to see them a few weeks back and the sales guy came across as a little arrogant. A customer came in to complain about something while I was there and was told the classic "turn it off and on again, that should do it" in a not very sympathetic way.
A few other people I´ve spoke to have made similar observations.

However that´s not to say that their service is any way in question, I haven´t used them and couldn´t possibly comment. So feel free to mention them Mitzy! I´m sure if there is a problem it will get brought up here.
As far as I´m aware they´re the only way to get sky without using a 2.4m dish.

Ta.
Ste.

Incidentally, I´m now on broadband (3mb) with telefonica, which has been completely painless! Maybe it´s because all the sorting out was done by Fonicatel who arranged our phone and BB installation.
We pay €40 for the broadband and pay Fonicatel €5 a month but that gets us calls to the uk at 1c a minute and 5 hours of local calls a month for free. If anybody else takes up this offer then let them know I `introduced´ you and I´ll get a credit in my account! (and I´ll buy you a pint)

Last edited by Splatt; Jan 18th 2008 at 7:03 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:30 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Splatt
I went to see them a few weeks back and the sales guy came across
Incidentally, I´m now on broadband (3mb) with telefonica, which has been completely painless! Maybe it´s because all the sorting out was done by Fonicatel who arranged our phone and BB installation.
We pay €40 for the broadband and pay Fonicatel €5 a month but that gets us calls to the uk at 1c a minute and 5 hours of local calls a month for free. If anybody else takes up this offer then let them know I `introduced´ you and I´ll get a credit in my account! (and I´ll buy you a pint)
Ere I'm with fonicatel .... they do broadband also?