Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

BRITS LEAVING SPAIN

BRITS LEAVING SPAIN

Old Feb 1st 2022, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BRITS LEAVING SPAIN

Originally Posted by astera
That's cause they're old and stuck in the UK for the rest of their lease-time on this planet. They could just as well have voted for shutting down Heathrow, the channel tunnel, or upping the price of a passport to 500 quid. Selfishness has no boundaries with such people.

The younger generation is the one that will be hurt most. But I'd still stake my money on the UK slipping back in via the back door to the EEA. The US had Trump and MAGA and somehow clawed back out of that mess (at least for the time being), we have Boris and Brexit and hopefully the same idiotic circus will come to an end too.
Biden is a lot worse.. You will see when you have to start speaking Russian...

The UK will become the 51st State before re-joining the EU.. More control for the island..
Old Feb 1st 2022, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

That's cause they're old and stuck in the UK for the rest of their lease-time on this planet. They could just as well have voted for shutting down Heathrow, the channel tunnel, or upping the price of a passport to 500 quid. Selfishness has no boundaries with such people.

The younger generation is the one that will be hurt most. But I'd still stake my money on the UK slipping back in via the back door to the EEA. The US had Trump and MAGA and somehow clawed back out of that mess (at least for the time being), we have Boris and Brexit and hopefully the same idiotic circus will come to an end too.

Anyone know when the next bunch of stats on (official) numbers of UK citizens moving to/from Spain will be available or do they simply lump all the non-EU people into one?
Didn’t trump get the American economy booming. Maybe he would still be in power if it wasn’t for covid. If Brexit is a complete disaster then maybe Britain will rejoin. Problem is that the fuel crisis and supply crisis in the uk has gone back to normal. The pound is strong against the euro. House prices are soaring and wages are on the up. Everyone seems stacked out with work atm. I’m failing to see the apocalyptic scenes that so many were predicting.
Old Feb 1st 2022, 1:25 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know when the next bunch of stats on (official) numbers of UK citizens moving to/from Spain will be available or do they simply lump all the non-EU people into one?
The place to look is here.

You can search for Reino Unido from 1998 til today. If you switch to the graph view you can see people went home after the referendum but the end of the transition period brought people out of the woodwork.

Bear in mind it only shows people who are on the padron.
Old Feb 1st 2022, 1:40 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stingychips
Didn’t trump get the American economy booming. Maybe he would still be in power if it wasn’t for covid. If Brexit is a complete disaster then maybe Britain will rejoin. Problem is that the fuel crisis and supply crisis in the uk has gone back to normal. The pound is strong against the euro. House prices are soaring and wages are on the up. Everyone seems stacked out with work atm. I’m failing to see the apocalyptic scenes that so many were predicting.
I think we've finally found Comical Ali after all these years.
Old Feb 1st 2022, 2:36 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

what you do you want me to prove. That the vast majority of Brexit voters never used their “freedom of movement”. Would of thought that was obvious really.
Stingychips I have eaten so much popcorn waiting for these videos that all the salt has caused my blood pressure to shoot thru the roof.

So we simply want you to share the videos that support the following 4 claims you made:
  1. "The majority of Brexit supporters never used the freedom of movement"
  2. "I read posts on you tube about Brexit supporters glad that expats have to come home"
  3. "I’ve read how people are glad swallows can’t just move In and out of countries without contributing"
  4. "Also heard pro EU people saying they are glad that the poorer more undesirable expats can’t just rock up and live in Spain anymore.

One video from youtube to support each of the above claims would be wonderful and thanking you kindly.

In my minds eye stingychips, I have a vision of you.

Old Feb 1st 2022, 2:44 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by growinspain
Biden is a lot worse.. You will see when you have to start speaking Russian...
The UK will become the 51st State before re-joining the EU.. More control for the island..
I never mentioned the UK's likelihood of rejoining the EU but pointed at the future option of joining the EEA.

Biden, despite his age, is still light years ahead of Trump, who was a Russian puppet that had to have his hands restricted at the start of his presidency so that he wouldn't be able to single-handedly lift sanctions on Russia (not even his own corrupt party trusted him so both parties put forward a bill he had to sign or face having his veto overriden by them): https://www.politico.eu/article/trum...ll-he-opposed/

With American politics it's a bit like with driving a car: if you want to move forward, select D. If you want to go backwards, choose R.

Didn’t trump get the American economy booming. Maybe he would still be in power if it wasn’t for covid.
If Brexit is a complete disaster then maybe Britain will rejoin. ... I’m failing to see the apocalyptic scenes that so many were predicting.
COVID just showed how completely incompetent and clueless Trump was/is. An all-talk, no action clown drawing energy from an idiotic, cult following where science and truth aren't based on facts but on whatever he blurbs out. Well, you cannot BS your way out of a pandemic and dead bodies. I was just looking at the figures Down Under and even though America's population is about 12x bigger than Australia's, in terms of Covid deaths the US has lost 300x more people than Australia.

As for Brexit, not a single good thing has come out of it, and a lot of small business that relies on cross-border trade is down (the small guy always loses), not to mention fishermen, etc. Economists have already said that the financial effect of Brexit will be a lose worse than the fallout due to COVID. Add the two and we are in for an unpleasant ride...
Old Feb 1st 2022, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
Stingychips I have eaten so much popcorn waiting for these videos that all the salt has caused my blood pressure to shoot thru the roof.

So we simply want you to share the videos that support the following 4 claims you made:
  1. "The majority of Brexit supporters never used the freedom of movement"
  2. "I read posts on you tube about Brexit supporters glad that expats have to come home"
  3. "I’ve read how people are glad swallows can’t just move In and out of countries without contributing"
  4. "Also heard pro EU people saying they are glad that the poorer more undesirable expats can’t just rock up and live in Spain anymore.

One video from youtube to support each of the above claims would be wonderful and thanking you kindly.

In my minds eye stingychips, I have a vision of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuAdOnTSOOQ
If Brexit supporters gave a dam about freedom of movement then they wouldn’t have voted for brexit. If Brexit supporters cared about expats then they wouldn’t have voted for brexit. And the woman sticking the boot on what she called British ghettos in Spain was on a FB group. You look yourself there is plenty of debates on all forms of social media. I’m not trawling through because you don’t believe me. Loads of comments from brexit supporters sticking the boot in on expats.

Last edited by Stingychips; Feb 1st 2022 at 3:45 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2022, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

I never mentioned the UK's likelihood of rejoining the EU but pointed at the future option of joining the EEA.

Biden, despite his age, is still light years ahead of Trump, who was a Russian puppet that had to have his hands restricted at the start of his presidency so that he wouldn't be able to single-handedly lift sanctions on Russia (not even his own corrupt party trusted him so both parties put forward a bill he had to sign or face having his veto overriden by them): https://www.politico.eu/article/trum...ll-he-opposed/

With American politics it's a bit like with driving a car: if you want to move forward, select D. If you want to go backwards, choose R.

COVID just showed how completely incompetent and clueless Trump was/is. An all-talk, no action clown drawing energy from an idiotic, cult following where science and truth aren't based on facts but on whatever he blurbs out. Well, you cannot BS your way out of a pandemic and dead bodies. I was just looking at the figures Down Under and even though America's population is about 12x bigger than Australia's, in terms of Covid deaths the US has lost 300x more people than Australia.

As for Brexit, not a single good thing has come out of it, and a lot of small business that relies on cross-border trade is down (the small guy always loses), not to mention fishermen, etc. Economists have already said that the financial effect of Brexit will be a lose worse than the fallout due to COVID. Add the two and we are in for an unpleasant ride...
Biden is that weak that Russia and China know they can do as they please. Even the Germans have let down Eastern Europe. Brexit Britain has done more for Eastern Europe than Germany. Seems like we have been down this road before. Bidens pretty much gave Russia the green light.
Old Feb 1st 2022, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is a bit like Brexit and those who started the whole thing are long gone.
Old Feb 1st 2022, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
This thread is a bit like Brexit and those who started the whole thing are long gone.
patsy1947 didnt stick around long
Old Feb 1st 2022, 5:59 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Yes, as with quite a few threads that are begun by people asking an innocent question the usual suspects start to play off each other and spoil what could be a good discussion.

Time to close.

Rosemary