Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A Briton to be proud of?

A Briton to be proud of?

Old Feb 10th 2013, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Briton to be proud of?

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
I for one am not upset just trying to add balance to the he's the messiah piece.

Only thing that mildly annoyed me was the numpty who called people sad for daring to criticise the messiah
There is only one Messi-ah and he's Argentinian ...

He also gives a lot of his earnings, and his time, to his charitable foundation.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 2:53 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
There is only one Messi-ah and he's Argentinian ...

He also gives a lot of his earnings, and his time, to his charitable foundation.
yep spot on Poca
Old Feb 10th 2013, 4:17 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
In one UK paper yesterday it stated that he has not yet chosen a charity. (
Please God that doesn't mean he will go through the same "What a Wonderful Guy am I", spectacle all over again.

............reaches for the sick bowl.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 4:23 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Please God that doesn't mean he will go through the same "What a Wonderful Guy am I", spectacle all over again.

............reaches for the sick bowl.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Old Feb 10th 2013, 5:51 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
But of course, not everyone is happy, lots of the UK and French press have called it a blatant tax dodge.
Its a tax dodge, giving up 3 million ... yes, I can see that

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I suggest you try googling "Beckham tax", Mitzy, and prepare yourself for a terrible shock.
Nah, it wouldnt shock me because nearly everyone who is as rich as he does it in some form
Old Feb 10th 2013, 7:16 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Its a tax dodge, giving up 3 million ... yes, I can see that
Nah, it wouldnt shock me because nearly everyone who is as rich as he does it in some form
No flies on the lad where tax avoidance is concerned, he even has his own tax laws

http://www.strongabogados.com/beckham-law.php
Old Feb 11th 2013, 6:29 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
In one UK paper yesterday it stated that he has not yet chosen a charity. As for the H&M ad....a body double was used for some of the shots.

I do admire the guy, he has been a good Ambassador for the UK. However, nothin would suprise me about celebs and charity, nothing is as it seems
Sur in English has reported that the new Adidas advert was made in Marbella, lots of back and distance shots of stand-in from early morning with Beckham arriving in limo at about 1.30 after the place had warmed up, did hardly anything for 30mins and thats it, job done.

bet the body double(s) don't get paid as much as he does.

`
Old Feb 15th 2013, 6:51 pm
On the road again.

Who said Becks isn't intelligent ?

"I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know into what
religion yet."
David Beckham

My parents have always been there for me, ever since I was about 7. "
David Beckham

"Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well,
he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best
manager I've ever had."
David Beckham

"I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the
league."
Mark Viduka

"If you don't believe you can win, there is no point in getting out of
bed at the end of the day."
Neville Southall

"I've had 14 bookings this season - 8 of which were my fault, but 7 of
which were disputable."
Paul Gascoigne

"I've never wanted to leave. I'm here for the rest of my life, and
hopefully after that as well."
Alan Shearer

"I'd like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona "
Mark Draper

"You've got to believe that you're going to win, and I believe we'll win
the World Cup until the final whistle blows and we're knocked out."
Peter Shilton

"I faxed a transfer request to the club at the beginning of the week,
but let me state that I don't want to leave this club.

"Without being too harsh on David Beckham, he cost us the match."
Ian Wright

"I'm as happy as I can be - but I have been happier."
Ugo Ehiogu

" Leeds is a great club and it's been my home for years, even though I
live in Middlesborough."
Jonathan Woodgate

"I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel."
Stuart Pearce

"I took a whack on my left ankle, but something told me it was my
right."
Lee Hendrie

"I couldn't settle in Italy - it was like living in a foreign country."
Ian Rush

" Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals
out there today."
Steve Lomas

"I always used to put my right boot on first, and then obviously my
right sock."
Barry Venison

"The Brazilians were South American, and the Ukrainians will be more
European."
Phil Neville

"All that remains is for a few dots and commas to be crossed."
Mitchell Thomas

"One accusation you can't throw at me is that I've always done my best."
Alan Shearer

"I'd rather play in front of a full house than an empty crowd."
Johnny Giles

This tells you everything !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYU-SeVofHs
Old Feb 16th 2013, 11:06 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

definitely missing from this list of football greats who are Britons to be proud of
http://http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21379857

`
Old Feb 16th 2013, 1:04 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

So comforting to find a thread like this on BE still... it reassures me, reminds me that the British are still in touch with their identity....

On another note, I hear the charity involved are absolutely disgusted at being offered the salary of a top flight footballer being donated each month and have told him to shove his empty meaningless PR driven gesture up his corporate arse.....
Old Feb 16th 2013, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not proud of him. No, not a bit.

That's it.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 8:11 pm
On the road again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Des-Kelly.html

"Real charity isn’t about throwing cash about that you are well able to afford. Genuine altruism is giving and not expecting anything in return. No applause. No headlines.

The author and journalist Jack London said: ‘A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog.’
Beckham’s performance in Paris was like a pop group using the platform of a televised charity gala to plug their new single.
Now you can choose whether you buy into it or not. The people who receive the money certainly won’t care, but let’s not pretend we witnessed some pure and selfless act. Instead, we can be charitable too and say ‘well done’ for pulling off a brilliant PR stunt and doing some good in the process.

St David’ cried two front-page headlines. ‘Golden Boules’ found its way into a few others. News bulletins treated his press conference as one of the greatest acts of philanthropy of modern times.
Grizzled reporters cooed in appreciation at the tale laid out on a collection plate for them. A few may even have had to dab away a stray tear or two from their laptop as they cast Beckham as the heir apparent to Mother Teresa."

Ha ha, I don't think.
The cynicism seems to be fairly widespread and certainly not confined to the UK.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Feb 16th 2013 at 8:21 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 8:13 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid (SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Feb 16th 2013 at 10:04 pm. Reason: Ahem
Old Feb 16th 2013, 8:21 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Stupid [FONT="Verdana"](SNIP)
Who's that then Matt?

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Feb 16th 2013 at 10:04 pm. Reason: quote edited
Old Feb 16th 2013, 8:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
Who's that then Matt?
Anyone that doesn't share his opinions! And that's probably most people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.